Sign in to follow this  
Saheike

When I fly my desk w PMDG737NGX...

I sometimes forget the time arround me. With all this possibilities to programm and searching for data it took a long time to start a flight. Is it correct, that the max GTOW of 737-800 is 173000 lbs,the ZFW=136000 lbs and the possiblefuelload=46063,I always give reserve of 22.0 and costindex with 1,the v1=143,vr=145 andv2=151 mph? Or does it depend of the GTOW? Didn´t find it out correctely and so it is diffult for me to fly this bird accurate and end an flight. Perhaps someone can give me the correct data to have more fun with flying my desk. It seems that PMDG737NGX is very sensible in correct programming. A bit too realistic for me.

The data depends on what your cargo and pax load is and the fuel depends on that and on the distance. So no one can give you data or you'll have to make the same flight from then on.This simulation IS for those who want a realistic 737 to fly. There are plenty of offerings out there that are much less realistic. The NGX was designed for the systems junkie.Nerd.gif(22 seems like a lot of reserve. Usually I put about 6 for that.)

Thanks for the fast answer.It seems to be easier as I thought with the NGX than with the old one for FS9 by programming FMC. God thanks I have still the old manuals and can use most data of it.im%20Not%20Worthy.gifPerhaps one day I will be also a system junkie but everone begins as a newbie and so am I. Shocked.gif By the way what is the max V for the 737-800 ? 320mph below FL250 and 0.75 mach over FL250 or ist it lower? Sometime it comes to a stall and overspeed warning if I use these speeds. Best speed I can fly is 305mph or 0.71 mach. @PMDG-Team it would be nice to have a fuelload Editor as given in the FS9 version.

Edited by Saheike

Thanks for the fast answer.It seems to be easier as I thought with the NGX than with the old one for FS9 by programming FMC. God thanks I have still the old manuals and can use most data of it.im%20Not%20Worthy.gifPerhaps one day I will be also a system junkie but everone begins as a newbie and so am I. Shocked.gif By the way what is the max V for the 737-800 ? 320mph below FL250 and 0.75 mach over FL250 or ist it lower? Sometime it comes to a stall and overspeed warning if I use these speeds. Best speed I can fly is 305mph or 0.71 mach. @PMDG-Team it would be nice to have a fuelload Editor as given in the FS9 version.
Dontcha think the fuel editor is quite easy to use? Either select one of the preselected fuel levels, enter a percentage or enter an exact figure. Everything you need I'd say, and instantaneous changes in the sim which is probably the most convenient part about it. VMO/MMO is 340 kts/M.82 on the NG. BTW speeds are in knots, not mph. The altitude of FL250 you're mentioning is most likely the crossover altitude, there have been several threads on that very topic just recently (one and two), explaining that altitude very well. In general that altitude is where the change from flying IAS to Mach occurs, and it is my no means a constant number. But you're roughly correct, it might be around FL250, but usually it will be a bit higher than that. M.71 is just damn slow and doesn't make any sense I would think. Maybe a zero CI would result in such number, I don't know, but usual ranges are in the upper seventies. BTW in the OP you say you enter 22.0 as reserve?? I hope that's lbs but still then a ridiculously high number. If you don't have exact figures then 4 or 5 might be a more appropriate number. Otherwise you'll just not be able to use the fuel that fits into the tanks as you'll end up with constant USING RSV FUEL messages. On last thing, you need sign your full name in these forums as per forum rules. sig.gif

On last thing, you need sign your full name in these forums as per forum rules. sig.gif
Better now? Hypnotized.gif

Too funny! Not sure I agree with the full name rule, but rules are rules.
Too funny! Not sure I agree with the full name rule, but rules are rules.
Praying.gifAngel.gifim%20Not%20Worthy.gifLOL.gif

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I don't agree with it either, but what shall I tell ya... It was not my idea! LMAO.gif I was just saying because forum mods tend to delete unsigned posts without further announcement. sig.gif