Sign in to follow this  
RYR738

ALT HOLD Switch Light ?

FCOM VOL 2 Page 193 it says.......... When in ALT HOLD at selected MCP altitude:• selecting a new MCP altitude illuminates the ALT HLD switch light and arms V/S mode. Any time I select a higher or lower altitude the light does not come on but it does arm V/S. Can anyone else verify this ?? I have Hotfix 3 installed. Fred. ( just did another test flight now with the Honeywell MCP and no problems) The problem only seems to be with the Collins MCP.

From memory I do recall the V/S arm come on the FMA, I don't recall what the MCP button lights are doing.

From memory I do recall the V/S arm come on the FMA, I don't recall what the MCP button lights are doing.
I only noticed this today ! Not sure if it was that way before the Hotfix. Fred.

Fred confirmed, Im seeing the same as you. Regards Fergus Cameron
Thanks Fergus ! I do believe that this is a little bug.I hope a member of the team see this.

Thanks Fergus ! I do believe that this is a little bug.I hope a member of the team see this.
Just send a support ticket and they will look into it.

Just send a support ticket and they will look into it.
Will do !!

Yes I believe it is suppose to do that. I have no hotfixes installed and it does not perform like the manual says. In fact in VNAV when climbing once I level off, the select a higher altitude nothing arms at all and the autopilot remains in VNAV. I end up selecting Alt Intervention, This is not what you are suppose to do unless you have an at or below altitude restriction. This is a bug that I hope will be fixed soon (SP1). VR Todd

ATP MEL

Commercial SEL

B-747, BE-300, BE-400, DHC8, ERJ 170/190, MU-300

C-17A Globemaster III

Another thing I have noticed is that the ALT Hold light will come on approoaching the selected altitude.Not quite sure about that though.

Yes I believe it is suppose to do that. I have no hotfixes installed and it does not perform like the manual says. In fact in VNAV when climbing once I level off, the select a higher altitude nothing arms at all and the autopilot remains in VNAV. I end up selecting Alt Intervention, This is not what you are suppose to do unless you have an at or below altitude restriction. This is a bug that I hope will be fixed soon (SP1). VR Todd
Did you send a support ticket about this? Otherwise it won't get fixed at all.

Did you send a support ticket about this? Otherwise it won't get fixed at all.
I was hoping one of the team would see this thread.