Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

algarete

want to see the NGX light up the clouds, just like the sun

Considering FSX clouds aren't volumetric, it would look absolutely retarded. It is definitely time for "real" clouds in FS.

I just want to congratulate you on such an incredible thread for your very first post !!! Hypnotized.gifWhistle.gifLMAO.gif

Considering FSX clouds aren't volumetric, it would look absolutely retarded. It is definitely time for "real" clouds in FS.
The SDK says they should be?? FS2004 talked about volumetric clouds, and even had you creating them in gMax as 3D models!!!! It used a particle system IIRC. Best regards,Robin.

The SDK says they should be?? FS2004 talked about volumetric clouds, and even had you creating them in gMax as 3D models!!!! It used a particle system IIRC.
Well considering all you see is spinning 2D textures around you, I certainly wouldn't call it volumetric! It would be nice to have clouds that you can actually fly THROUGH. Even with REX and the like, I think clouds are among the least realistic things in FS. They look absolutely nothing like real life.

I just want to congratulate you on such an incredible thread for your very first post !!! Hypnotized.gifWhistle.gifLMAO.gif
I want to congratulate you on an incredibly rude post

Guest Id Rather Be Flying
Well considering all you see is spinning 2D textures around you, I certainly wouldn't call it volumetric! It would be nice to have clouds that you can actually fly THROUGH. Even with REX and the like, I think clouds are among the least realistic things in FS. They look absolutely nothing like real life.
I've been dreaming of this in Flight Sim since forever. CFS actually had volumetric clouds I believe.