Sign in to follow this  
Lmaire

Still freezing after latest update

Hi, After being airborn for about an hour, i've had another panel freeze. (latest update was installed).

Real Deraps

My suggestion is to install with a new RTM installer which include the hotfixes and you can find that with the original download link that PMDG sent you. Until now, Im not facing any problems after a reinstall.

Z. C

Thanks, Will try tomorrow.By the way, do i have to uninstall first or i can just install it over the previous one?

Real Deraps

Thanks, Will try tomorrow. By the way, do i have to uninstall first or i can just install it over the previous one?
You have to uninstall first. It's going to be a fresh reinstall.

Z. C

Hi Lmaire. I'm wondering if you had an problems just installing the hotfix on top of the original installed NGX, Coz I'm having a problems with the hotfix 3 that I never had before installing them, like CTD on final. Thanks. Evan Banalian.

Hi Evan, I haven't had time to have a CDT on final because freezing happened about an hour after takeoff and i still had about an hour to go before final approach. I'll try to uninstall the aircraft now and reinstall it again. Will see if it will fix the problem. Regards (sorry couldn't answer earlier)

Real Deraps

Just had a freeze whilst in CZ @FL360 NZAA TO NZQN and whilst scrolling through the CDU approach pages. Id also just installed the latest hotfix today after being away on holidays. all seems to be fine in other respects though

after 3 hours ....lucky guy Money%20Eyes.gif For me it froze after 15s of flight... Tried : uninstall and install from full downloaded package (with last version), decreased autogen and AI, removed enbseries, using Active Sky Evolution just before taking off (to initialize weather and after shutting down this tool), flying in a quite desert area (south america with scenery tech installed)... my specs : Quad core 3.3 Ghz, win 7 64b (fully up to date), ati 4850 1Gb, 4Gb RAM I can fly the 737NGX but these random freezes are quite anoying....but i'm quite confident in PMDG, they are serious guys... just let them time to work on this issue... I've time to wait Yawn.gif , i'm starting a 3 weeks vacation soon (no NGX during this time)... Guillaume

------------------

Guillaume CHARRIER

I did a reinstall last night but it was the RTM that I bought on the 15th. The hotfix came out on the 16th, I have installed that also. i didn't fly last night as I was controlling, but late on in the evening i just fire up the NGX to make sure it would load. Now then the strange thing here was that at my usual airport in the UK with UK2000 Airport scenery and Horizon Genx Photoscenery it did load up pretty darn quick from the fly now button. A lot quicker than in the past. I will fly tonight to see if the freezes have stopped. I do hope so. I know that PMDG will sort it out but at the moment it is very frustrating. Wycliffe

Had another freeze just now...YBBN to YBHM had missing throttles, start levers and overhead swithces missing in VC was flying with REX in 2D and about 40 mins into flight it froze as i was scrolling through init/ref page on CDU. frustrating but ill try backing off scenery a bit and see how that works.......