Sign in to follow this  
compressor_stall

Approaches to LOWI?

Who's flown into Innsbruck?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. How many of you have flown an approach into the famous Flughafen Innsbruck (LOWI) using the PMDG 737-800NGX?

• I have flown into LOWI under VMC.
    • I have balls of steel and have flown into LOWI under IMC.
    • I am planning a flight into LOWI.
    • What and where is LOWI?

What derate and T/O thrust reduction settings are generally used when departing LOWI?

Ed Haslam

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=PC91DMb8fEAfound these but not the ones that were asked in the previous post

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

lol, funny poll... LOWI app is not so demanding as it appears to be... made, I dont know, probably over 100 landings there in FS without any problem...
What approach are you flying?Trevor Moore

What approach are you flying? Trevor Moore
I tried almost every single published approach with several aircrafts. :) Just never flown RNP app, because I do not have it in FMC.

Could you post a link to this video?
The video is on my hard disk ! I am not sure if it is on youtube or not.

Try the Loc/DME runway 26 approach, circle to land runway 08 under weather conditions that permit seeing the runway only at 6 DME OEV (OEV is the Localiser code). I had to make a missed approach before I saw the runway the second time at the last minute. Also, adding in some snow, etc. will really spice up your flying life!

What derate and T/O thrust reduction settings are generally used when departing LOWI?
When taking off from 6,000 foot runways in a 737-800, I'd recommend no T/O derate at all.

lol, funny poll... LOWI app is not so demanding as it appears to be... made, I dont know, probably over 100 landings there in FS without any problem...
In the sim it's easy enough, but in the real world, it's known as a tricky airport due to the added problem of the wind. It's known as the foehn wind. Add low visibilty and you are in business. Martin Wilby

In the sim it's easy enough, but in the real world, it's known as a tricky airport due to the added problem of the wind. It's known as the foehn wind. Add low visibilty and you are in business. Martin Wilby
I agree. In the sim, people get cocky because it seems rather tame and controlled, but in the real world, without the unrealistic visibility of runways in FSX, the job is made significantly harder.

Try the Loc/DME runway 26 approach, circle to land runway 08 under weather conditions that permit seeing the runway only at 6 DME OEV (OEV is the Localiser code). I had to make a missed approach before I saw the runway the second time at the last minute. Also, adding in some snow, etc. will really spice up your flying life! When taking off from 6,000 foot runways in a 737-800, I'd recommend no T/O derate at all.
Figured as much! :(

Ed Haslam

I agree. In the sim, people get cocky because it seems rather tame and controlled, but in the real world, without the unrealistic visibility of runways in FSX, the job is made significantly harder.
Oh god... If I'm cocky because I can land virtual aircraft on virtual runway, than ok...Simmers need time to get familiar with airport and terrain, same thing RL pilots have to do at that airport, but after several landings, only extreme weather conditions can spoil your app, and that is possible irl too.

Oh god... If I'm cocky because I can land virtual aircraft on virtual runway, than ok...Simmers need time to get familiar with airport and terrain, same thing RL pilots have to do at that airport, but after several landings, only extreme weather conditions can spoil your app, and that is possible irl too.
I think PMDG just found someone to write tutorial 2, which I understand will include the LLZ/DME East approach circle to land RWY08. Maybe a video posted here would convince them that you're the right person for the job. Whistle.gif Trevor Moore