Sign in to follow this  
compressor_stall

Approaches to LOWI?

Who's flown into Innsbruck?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. How many of you have flown an approach into the famous Flughafen Innsbruck (LOWI) using the PMDG 737-800NGX?

• I have flown into LOWI under VMC.
    • I have balls of steel and have flown into LOWI under IMC.
    • I am planning a flight into LOWI.
    • What and where is LOWI?

lol, funny poll... LOWI app is not so demanding as it appears to be... made, I dont know, probably over 100 landings there in FS without any problem...
I tried almost every single published approach with several aircrafts. :) Just never flown RNP app, because I do not have it in FMC.
Oh god... If I'm cocky because I can land virtual aircraft on virtual runway, than ok...Simmers need time to get familiar with airport and terrain, same thing RL pilots have to do at that airport, but after several landings, only extreme weather conditions can spoil your app, and that is possible irl too.
No worries mate. I'm not trying to pull you in at all. It's just that, in the flying community (especially the military, where I'm from), if you want to convince people that you've nailed something that everyone else finds difficult, you have to be prepared for the inevitable "call of the bluff." Otherwise, there would be an awful lot of Red Barons walking around. But, seriously, I only meant it as a joke.

I think you misunderstood my posts... I cannot see where exactly I want to convince people? Point is completely opposite: I'm not the world greatest virtual pilot... I'm sure that everyone here can fly that approaches.

Oh god... If I'm cocky because I can land virtual aircraft on virtual runway, than ok...Simmers need time to get familiar with airport and terrain, same thing RL pilots have to do at that airport, but after several landings, only extreme weather conditions can spoil your app, and that is possible irl too.
I can land without weather "spoiling" my approach, but that doesn't mean it's not challenging. In fact, I've never once crashed a plane on approach to Innsbruck. Once again, let me say that the approach is NOT SOMETHING THAT IS DIFFICULT TO GET DONE, it's just an added challenge if you really get into it and don't sit back thinking, "man, this is so easy I could do it with my eyes closed."

I've done it also, even managed it in my emptyish leveld 767...js41 I think was actually harder than the ngx....hardest approach I've flown in fsx so far, was into lows, I did it online with real world weather in 767. Flew the offset vordme to rwy34, it's not the trickiest of approaches as such although again the visual part at the end is skirting the mountains, the reason it was hard this particular time was it was dark, raining, lowish cloud, but moat significant was the high speed gusts and wind changes that I experienced coming in, the engines were spooling up and down, and plan getting bashed about,Sion is a big challenge, and places like lxgb if weather and wind playing up fan be interesting again especially with shortish runway, it's the visual parts that are low, with mountains or obstacles that make the approach tough because limits your ability to correct any track or level errors As said above approaches are often easy once practiced and familiar, after all any published instrument approach the whole point of it is to try to make it easier to land! The difficult approaches are those with difficult weather, than involve some element of visual manoeuvring, I landed in the Maldives other day, doing a dme arc, which connects you up with the ils, quite easy to fly, the hardest bit was the straight in bit down the localised,again due to the wind, rain, and cloud, strong and gusting crosswind, made the hands flying of this challenging.

I think you misunderstood my posts... I cannot see where exactly I want to convince people? Point is completely opposite: I'm not the world greatest virtual pilot... I'm sure that everyone here can fly that approaches.
Exactly, more for added fun factor than any danger.