Sign in to follow this  
brian Harrison

Activation issues in UK

Hello all, has anyone been able to activate the 737NGX over here yet ? I've had it for a couple of weeks and still hoping for a fix to be sorted soon Cheers Brian H

I have a similar problem Brian. The link Andy mentions is 10 days old, an update would be good.

Paul Skol

I have activated mine 5 times over the past week following to rebuilds and I have not had a single problem.This seems really odd that some are not even getting the activation screen as well. That's the latest information we have from PMDG, so I can't tell you more Paul, I wish I could. I am sure they will fix very soon, and I hope you get off the ground in the NGX soon. Andy

Hello Brian, worked for me too straight away.Ensure that you have the time and date correct in the system tray and BIOS, as this has been known to cause some ofthe activation issues.I also made the mistake of pasting the order # instead of the key included with the email.Force of habit from the J41!

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

I had activation issues and the only way I fixed it was by doing a full re-install of FSX. I removed FSX, all add-ons and then gave my PC a quick re-boot. I then re-installed FSX (to a new directory labelled "fsx"), SP1, SP2 and then the NGX (I ran FSX as Admin) and it worked. Strangely I didn't need to run the activation applet or was I prompted for my serial number. Georgio

No activation problems here at all (which is weird for Northants since we're still waiting for colour TV). It just went straight on, put in the correct info when requested and it worked first time. I've reinstalled it a couple of times when doing hotfixes and stuff and it just works with no need to reactivate.

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg

Hello allI have an activation problem as well. I am sitting on it for the last 3 weeks, do not know what to do, just waiting for fix.

I couldn't see the activation window at the start, then tried it from the "home" screen rather than switching aircraft and it worked a treat. I am very surprised that they have not got a fix for those that still can't activate it though. G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Activation from within FSX is always going to have potential "issues". There was talk, when all these activation problems first became apparent, of an alternative "Stand Alone Activation Process", that would not require FSX to be "Running ?". Maybe that would help those with issues ? Geoff

I had an activation problem on the first day. I must have tried it about 20 times but to no avail. But then the next day it was fine and it activated. I presumed that it was the server being busy with other customers. I feel for the guys who haven't had it activated for 3 weeks. On the 20th go I was tearing my hair out and i don't have much of that left either!! Rhydian Yeoman

Probably going to get bashed for this, but i was not aware that people have been waiting for 3-weeks. I am a PMDG supporter and admire thier work. However this to me is unacceptable. I have had no problems since day-1, but i can't imagine my feelings if i were still waiting.I really do think it is time for some kind of word on progress.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Guys, I've been offering my help to PMDG in the last days, and I have been giving them access to my PC so they could try to find a solution for us, with activation issues. I know its been almost 3 weeks, but trust me when I say they are doing their best. Unfortunately, the activation client is not theirs, so every toubleshooting has one more step as it has to go trough a 3rd party company. I haven't been able to fly the 737 yet, but I am confident that the solution is very close. Just a bit more patience! PMDG has never let anybody down on support! Giorgio

Giorgio La Pira

PMDG can only go as fast as the company who provide the protection work.