Sign in to follow this  
brian Harrison

Activation issues in UK

Thanks for all the comments chaps. Its nice to know i'm not the only one left with this issue. I had all the fs9 pdmg 737s and they were very good so I am very eager to get the NGX running. It might tear me away from my beloved helichoppers again !! cheers Brian

Hi Guys, I had activation porblem as well (Netherlands). Before I was able to typing the code the first numbers were gone.Than i read somewhere that you should copy the key and as soon as the activation box opens you copy the code into the box.and press OK.....You need to do this mulitfast < 0,1s .....just try it a few times...I in fact asked my partner to assist and indeed it worked....I never received a reply back from PDMG....it is now more than a week ago......Now I face the next challeng....a frame rate drop of 50% when flying 737NGX...........Succes over there in the UK!

So it looks like we have people who have paid for the product, received it, but are unable to use it after 3 weeks from purchase?And PMDG have made no attempt to fix this? I do find that rather hard to believe but I wonder if it would be better to re-install the NGX and try to activate it again.As I said earlier I have activated my one several times and have not had a single problem regards the activation. Why would it be just certain countries that the activation is not working? That don't make sense to me.I know PMDG are bogged down with the amount of support that has been requested, but to be honest the product should have been FULLY tested prior to release. 3 months of testing by over 30 members of staff and Beta testers, not one of them decided to test online and the third party addons? I am sure PMDG are working flat out to fix the problems, and I am surprised that they have not sorted this out faster. I feel sorry for those who can't use the NGX after paying for it, that really is very unlucky indeed. I hope you all get the activation sorted out soon. Andy

As I said, PMDG are not responsible for the activation issues. The activation and protection was created by a company called Flexnet. They are the ones responsible for fixing these issues

Why would it be just certain countries that the activation is not working? That don't make sense to me. Andy
Makes very good sense. Different countries have differing formats for DATES and numbers.Activation is date sensitive. If date is in a format that the activation software cannot inderstand, or thinks it is a different date (month, date, years in different orde), then it could be one reason why activation is country sensitive. This is just an example -- not necessarily what the issue is, but it does go to show that COUNTRY / Langauge could be of significance. Remember, it was not so long ago, that smoking was not considered to be a health hazzard.

I am having the same problem here in Canada. I only purchased it 3-4 days ago and while it loads up fine...it's not activated, and I don't have access to any of the functions.

Success !!!!!! deleted whole installation, re downloaded and ran install..... still activation issue but this time couldnt connect to server...... killed firewall on home internet hub ( very risky but was getting desperate)....Lo and behold activation worked on 4th attempt. Immediately re-enabled firewall !!!! What a lovely beastie. Tried quick cct at Liverpool but didnt get reverse thrust on quick enough and went for a swim !!!!. Does anyone know what IP ports are needed should I need ro re load ??? I really dont like shutting Firewall down ! cheers all and happy flying ! Brian H

Just run a couple of AV sessions after you reconnect, if you really need to turn the Firewall off. I didn`t need to do that and really hate to have to with some sites. I`m in the UK and had no problems activating. I`m using the built in Vista firewall as I haven`t changed it yet after wiping this drive recently, AV is Avast. UAC is turned off, see no point to it, oh and I set this system to only allow network access by known Mac ID numbers. You may be able to set your FW to allow access to the site, then their should be no problem hopefully. I did have a problem with one site a year or two back and used my Laptop instead then transferred the licence and software to the main machine, but no need to do it since strangely, so that may have been just me unless they changed some settings at their end.

Thanks for that, I also run AV and that gave no problems when on , the internet hub has its own configurable firewall.To allow specific address first find the address ?? From you comment I presume you know the server address ?cheers Brian

I activated with no troubles when I first bought the NGX on 12th August. After a full reinstall of FSX today (and the NGX) I now get no activation request, window, or anything. The NGX just loads up with no gauges and nothing working. Is this the same problems that others are getting? This is absolutely unacceptable. I have hardly used my NGX and now, simply after a standard re-install, no activation process and a dead plane. Sorry but this is appalling and not the PMDG I know of, and that I've bought every product released from. When can we expect this to be fixed?