Sign in to follow this  
ShezA

Significant FPS drop in views

Request some guidance on this issue. C2D E6750 GTX570 4MB RAM Win7 64AF16X AA2xSS I get a huge drop in FPS in FS9/FSX when switching between spot external view and 2D cockpit view almost halving at times. I suspect it may be either due to the AA applied on the 2D panel or due to the CPU having to display all those gauges working (not sure about the second theory because I see others not having this same issue). Can anyone shed some light on this? Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

What's the clock speed on your CPU?

Sad , there must be some tinkering you could do. Yes post your clock speeds and if any tweaks ? and which aircraft / scenery are you facing the problem

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Your C2D is providing a bit of a bottleneck with that card. I run with 4xS AA and Bilinear Filtering even with the second fastest nVidia GPU, FSX is just very demanding.

Your C2D is providing a bit of a bottleneck with that card. I run with 4xS AA and Bilinear Filtering even with the second fastest nVidia GPU, FSX is just very demanding.
Not true. FSX can run perfectly well on a OC'd C2D, because that's the platform it was designed for/on.

Yes but for the GTX 570 itself. FSX would probably have little difference between 2 core and 4 core at the same speed but if it was another game or something, the GPU would spit out the image faster than the CPU can tell it what to do. I did say bit.

Yes but for the GTX 570 itself. FSX would probably have little difference between 2 core and 4 core at the same speed but if it was another game or something, the GPU would spit out the image faster than the CPU can tell it what to do. I did say bit.
Yeah sorry. You're right there. If FSX is setup correctly, ie with the correct tweaks etc, your CPU will bottleneck the GPU

Tweaks are as per the usual Nick etc. and there is no overclocking of the C2D std 2.66Ghz. Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

Nick & Bojote's , Nicks are for Nvidia . You may need to OC the CPU .

Nick & Bojote's , Nicks are for Nvidia . You may need to OC the CPU .
I am getting this in FS9 and FSX but oddly worse in FS9...have used both Bojote's and Nick's tweaks. What I cannot understand is why are the panels causing such a drop in FPS? The C2D is a powerful enough CPU and in spot view it does great. BTW also tried O/C to little effect. Shez

Shez Ansari

Oh you are facing it in FS9 too. in the fs9.cfg under the Display Device put TextureAGP=0and increase the PAN RATE. Was it from first or did it happen recently ?