Sign in to follow this  
Vollie

Highest airport elevation of the world

Di don't do that, you know it will end badly, and your too Hot to Die! Angel.gifWhistle.gif
Oh my gosh. Okay. I'll try empty first :(

Go Di Go Di.... do it, do itt... Beauty's has always angels on his shoulders, just do it, try full load:P.. Angel.gif

Okay okay. My 900 is up. She's empty with 1/3 fuel. I'm on my way to Lukla

Are you guys right now in Tibet ?

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Coming up to Lukla

Ok the sloped runway at Lukla says no no to the NGX. Even if you grease it the slope doesnt work. Any other mega short runways?

Give KASE a try. I fly into apsen alot during the winter ski season. The runway is 7000ft but the descent gradient is steep. Lots of cumulus granite around the airport. It's limited to weights of 100,000lbs and wing spans of 95 feet, but it's fun trying to get a bigger jet in on FSX. Though allot of operators have their own FAA approved procedures to get in there, you can find charts on airnav.com. Using the normal charts during marginal weather will have you going missed 9 times out of 10.

I can flyyyyyyyyy!! Highhh in the skyyyyyy!!! Hiro.gif
That made me laugh hard!!! My daughter likes annoying us watching the ICE Age series over and over again. Soon as you said above, I started thinking about that Possum sailing through the air after getting launched off a tree. I believe I can FLlllyyyyyyyy!!!! (SPLAT!) LOL.gif

Give KASE a try. I fly into apsen alot during the winter ski season. The runway is 7000ft but the descent gradient is steep. Lots of cumulus granite around the airport. It's limited to weights of 100,000lbs and wing spans of 95 feet, but it's fun trying to get a bigger jet in on FSX. Though allot of operators have their own FAA approved procedures to get in there, you can find charts on airnav.com. Using the normal charts during marginal weather will have you going missed 9 times out of 10.
Ok trying KASE

If you have a good system and have the scenery turned up, shoot the river visual to runway 19 at KDCA. I love this approach. It brings you down along the river in DC with a banking turn to short final. The approach was also converted to RNAV, so you can load the RNAV 19 to help keep you honest. After that, take your -900 at max landing weight and hop the short flight to KHSP. The runway has steep sloping terrain that raises to meet each end. There is a visual illusion as you get the effect of being too high and suddenly fast with high sink as the terrain rises to meet you. The runway is 5600ft, so fall for the illusion and off the end you go. I love taking guys to this airport during training flights just for that reason. The -900 at max landing weight will make for an interesting approach, but you have the HGS. Shoot this approach at low vis for good effect. If you enjoy the river visual at DCA, go for the river visual to 13 at KLGA. It brings you along the Hudson river over the statue of liberty paralleling the city and central park off to the right. You intercept the loc to 13 after passing central park. Before 9-11, I used to request the river tour up this route in a 4 engine heavy after coming off the air-refueling track off the coast. Now days that will never happen. Great view though.

That made me laugh hard!!! My daughter likes annoying us watching the ICE Age series over and over again. Soon as you said above, I started thinking about that Possum sailing through the air after getting launched off a tree. I believe I can FLlllyyyyyyyy!!!! (SPLAT!) LOL.gif
Yes I know that scene...thats cool! I believe I can flyyyyy iww plup...Angel.gif hahah