Sign in to follow this  
BacklitKeyboard

Gauge problem Windows XP

Hey everyone,I have (another) problem with my pmdg ngx. I had to install Windows XP in place of 7 because of issues, but now whenever I load the plane, everything works, including the gauges, but the text on the gauges is missing. Eg no speed numbers, no 'ATT' when irs isn't aligned, and no heading numbers or any kind of text on the ND. The same for all the other gauges... I think it might be a font problem/missing.Any suggestions?

Are you on SP3?

No. I mean are you on XP SP3.

Okay. With all the NGX/PMDG related fonts in the font folder, right click and select install. Then reboot your computer and see if that fixes it

Ok so here's what i did (it still doesnt work): I went to C:\WINDOWS\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\FontsRight clicked on all 7 of the NGX fonts, none had the option of 'Install'.SO I went to Control Panel > Classic View and then to 'Fonts'Selected install new fontNavigated to C:\WINDOWS\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\FontsInstalled NGX fontsRebooted...AND VOILA it still doesnt work...Below is an image further describing the problem.Maybe its a gauge problem? Am i missing a Gauge?Perhaps somebody could upload their gauges and see if they solve the prob? 1znwnxu.jpg

You have all the fonts. There are only 7. When you first installed the NGX and ran FSX, did you allow all the modules to run?

Okay. Try backing up your FSX.cfg, deleting then letting FSX rebuild it