Sign in to follow this  
ShezA

Needed AFCAD experts

Anyone willing to make me a ground up AFCAD file for KTOL in ADE with all the x-wind techniques etc.? You get a credit in the readme im Not Worthy.gif ! Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

I often do some AFCAD tweaks but I´ve never recreated an whole airport without anything as a base before. If someone tells me how to, I could try it.

I am really looking for experts who can take my basic ADE file and using my scenery create a ground up parking and taxi update on it including parking, taxiways, approaches etc. I am able to do this myself but am not an expert at the higher level refinements so thought I would seek help. Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

http://www.scruffydu...irport%20Design automates somewhat the crosswind runway technique. You just have to insure when your done to reorder the runways. If you created the file in ADE (version 1.50 is out with new features and flexibility) it should be easy to create that part. After you bring up the runway list, you just click the add x-wind runway button, give the angle difference (7.6 should work), OK it and it appears on the runway list. Then you click on the (I think) heading column in the list to sort and you should be good to compile. 1.50 allows you to drag a taxiway link, not just nodes. The only problem I had importing another format as noted in the KPSP discussion was it stripped out your exclusions and added buildings in the SGX compiled .bgls. I've read AFCAD and AFX files OK so far. Anyway since you did it in ADE it should be compatible. (No, I'm not your man. Sorry. Too involved with other items.)

I am really looking for experts who can take my basic ADE file and using my scenery create a ground up parking and taxi update on it including parking, taxiways, approaches etc. I am able to do this myself but am not an expert at the higher level refinements so thought I would seek help. Shez
There´s already an basic AFCAD?! This makes things much more easy.

(Shez: First OT: I got KPSP working but not using ADE as it stripped out stuff. See that topic please. I edited and recompiled the XML.) Superpilotv2: I'm sure Shez is talking about and ADE project source file. Even if it was a .bgl you can't use AFCAD on it. It would corrupt the data and strip out things. ADE also has the approach editor. Now, if Shez started with the stock airport, the approaches are already in there. In ADE if you add a LOC or ILS it will create a default approach path in the approach layer. These then can be edited in the Approach view defining points for the approach that ai use including defining the FAF and IAF waypoints editing what's in there now. I have not done this but have viewed the various approaches. Some follow the published IFR charts at least in FAA land. These approach points will show up in the default GPS map (with the wedgies, etc.) where as those added in AFCAD will not. In IMC ai will not recognize AFCAD added navaids. Only the user aircraft can use them. Doing the taxiway and parking stuff is very similar to AFCAD.

Anyone willing to make me a ground up AFCAD file for KTOL in ADE with all the x-wind techniques etc.? You get a credit in the readme im%20Not%20Worthy.gif ! Shez
Hi Shez. I have KTOL done in ADE9X. Toledo Express is sort of my home airport since I live about fifteen miles away. The ADE9X file I have is for my home made scenery including the ANG and BAX Global side of the airport. I should say that Runway 16 - 34 are extremely rarely used. I what I have in ADE9X in the way of apron, taxiways, signs and parking are accurate. Let me know if you are interested and we can discuss adding x-wind and trimming out the bits and pieces that are not relevant to what you need. I am also willing, if you would like, sharing the scenery itself, considering that the least I could do in return for what you have contributed that I use. Or as you requested, I would be happy to work on your project for you. Best regards,Mel

Superpilotv2: I'm sure Shez is talking about and ADE project source file. Even if it was a .bgl you can't use AFCAD on it. It would corrupt the data and strip out things. ADE also has the approach editor.
Keep cool, I´ve got ADE and kow how to use it.

Hi Shez. I have KTOL done in ADE9X. Toledo Express is sort of my home airport since I live about fifteen miles away. The ADE9X file I have is for my home made scenery including the ANG and BAX Global side of the airport. I should say that Runway 16 - 34 are extremely rarely used. I what I have in ADE9X in the way of apron, taxiways, signs and parking are accurate. Let me know if you are interested and we can discuss adding x-wind and trimming out the bits and pieces that are not relevant to what you need. I am also willing, if you would like, sharing the scenery itself, considering that the least I could do in return for what you have contributed that I use. Or as you requested, I would be happy to work on your project for you. Best regards,Mel
Hi Mel, I am sure you will relate to this scenery. Send me an email and you can Beta Test it and work on the ADE/AFCAD. It is basically the only thing left except for the BAX trucks. Thanks to everyone who replied. Shez
(Shez: First OT: I got KPSP working but not using ADE as it stripped out stuff. See that topic please. I edited and recompiled the XML.) Superpilotv2: I'm sure Shez is talking about and ADE project source file. Even if it was a .bgl you can't use AFCAD on it. It would corrupt the data and strip out things. ADE also has the approach editor. Now, if Shez started with the stock airport, the approaches are already in there. In ADE if you add a LOC or ILS it will create a default approach path in the approach layer. These then can be edited in the Approach view defining points for the approach that ai use including defining the FAF and IAF waypoints editing what's in there now. I have not done this but have viewed the various approaches. Some follow the published IFR charts at least in FAA land. These approach points will show up in the default GPS map (with the wedgies, etc.) where as those added in AFCAD will not. In IMC ai will not recognize AFCAD added navaids. Only the user aircraft can use them. Doing the taxiway and parking stuff is very similar to AFCAD.
I actually took the stock airport so the base stuff should be there. Shez

Shez Ansari

It's great to see you thinking of this Shez. A really good ADE with cross wind runways etc. really enhances a scenery. Learning how to do it is on my "to do" list but somehow the list keeps growing on top of it and it never quite makes it to the number one slot! LOL Looking forward to another outstanding release from you. As always, thank you for the wonderful airports you have created for FS9CheersIan