Sign in to follow this  
Joe_Legander

What is an ILT?

Launceston airport in Tasmania (YMLT) is listed as having an ILT, not an ILS. It seems to work in all regards the same. Frequency, glide slope, yada, yada. I can't find any reference to it though. What does ILT mean? Does it differ from ILS, or is it just Australian for ILS? Also, don't try to auto-land using it if you're using the ORBX Launceston airport scenery. Brings you down neatly into some trees just at the runway threshold. Which is bad, it turns out. Joe Legander

Strange, I noticed yesterday an ILS04RY and and ILS04RZ,, and I think they were at PHNL, but I am not sure about that. There are lots of anomalies in the nav data, things such as runways that simply don't exist, like at NZQN where a left and right are shown, but only a single sealed runway exists, and differences with navaid frequencies between PMDG's nav data and the FSX nav data that make it hard, like VOR frequencies that have changed yada yada. I gather a lot of people are unhappy about this, and rightly so! But I don't think it is PMDG's fault. I tried cranking up my old favourite, the MD-11 and found exactly the same problems. I guess that's because they both use the same AIRAC database 1108, and Navigraph don't seem to be making too good a job of keeping it up to date and accurate. I also tried planning to YMLT, but couldn't see any problem with the listed approaches such as you have described!

Strange, I noticed yesterday an ILS04RY and and ILS04RZ,, and I think they were at PHNL, but I am not sure about that.
Have you tried looking at the charts? "Z" requires GPS or Radar and allows for a lower initial altitude when on the approach. "Y" requires DME, because of the DME arc used to intercept the localizer. Major differences in the approaches, but both finally using the same ILS into 4R.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

ILT is the name of the ILS . The LT is for Launceston. Hobart ILS is called IHB. Sydneys are called ISY, ISS, IKS, ISW, ISN and IKN (cause there are 3 RWYS at Sydney)

www.antsairplanes.com

Also, don't try to auto-land using it if you're using the ORBX Launceston airport scenery. Brings you down neatly into some trees just at the runway threshold. Which is bad, it turns out. Joe Legander
Also don't do a auto-land there as it dose not have a CATIII runway I'm 99% sure of. ILS dose not mean ILS CATIII/B.

Also don't do a auto-land there as it dose not have a CATIII runway I'm 99% sure of. ILS dose not mean ILS CATIII/B.
It does in flight sim. dance.gif

___________________________________________________________________________________

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

It does in flight sim. dance.gif
Yeah Yeah I know... sadly! Good laugh!

Yeah Yeah I know... sadly! Good laugh!
You make a very valid point, though. Hopefully some will catch it. CATIII equipment is expensive to buy and more expensive to maintain.

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Who needs it now with the "Runway Aim Bot"... I mean HUGS/HUD! LOL.gif