Sign in to follow this  
aaronrash

The most challenging approach

I've put some serious hours into the NGX. I want some extremely hard approaches. I've mastered Kai Tak and Toncontin. Innsbruck and Sucre don't seem very challenging to me. Is there anything thing more extreme out there? List your most extreme airports that pilots wouldn't dare to do with passengers here!

Guest Turboblower

Queenstown NZ. NZQN. Very much like LOWI, but can be worse in bad weather landing runway 23. You def need charts. Jetstar pilots use to chicken out there and divert if they saw a cloud in the sky.There is a NZQN airprt fix in the Avsim libary I think. Fixes the FSX elevation at that airport. Vector land class is better still, but it is payware. I believe ORBX are releasing their version later this year. Edit: It is winter in nzqn, so even better to give it a try. You can fly in from oz, or from nzch, it is only 45 mins from there. There is no radar let down, so that's why the charts are important. In real life, queenstown does not have night flights.

One of the hardest that I'm still trying to master is PAJN... Is pretty challenging... But finally I'm getting good at it... Carlitos Colon...

Try the NDB/ILS into RWY35 @ CYRB (Resolute Bay). I flew this a couple weeks ago and barely made it in after 3 missed approaches. Sadly the other day a 737-200 crashed near the field in real life killing most on board. Hugely challenging approach especially in adverse weather.

Try the NDB/ILS into RWY35 @ CYRB (Resolute Bay). I flew this a couple weeks ago and barely made it in after 3 missed approaches. Sadly the other day a 737-200 crashed near the field in real life killing most on board. Hugely challenging approach especially in adverse weather.
Absolutely! Manly approaches using NDB in wind and rain and clouds. Yikes! I hate to hear about that -200, that's a shame. My understanding was that they were departing and on the climb out?

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Queenstown NZ. NZQN. Very much like LOWI, but can be worse in bad weather landing runway 23. You def need charts. Jetstar pilots use to chicken out there and divert if they saw a cloud in the sky.There is a NZQN airprt fix in the Avsim libary I think. Fixes the FSX elevation at that airport. Vector land class is better still, but it is payware. I believe ORBX are releasing their version later this year. Edit: It is winter in nzqn, so even better to give it a try. You can fly in from oz, or from nzch, it is only 45 mins from there. There is no radar let down, so that's why the charts are important. In real life, queenstown does not have night flights.
Still do, and Qantas. ANZ are the only ones game enough to do it when its cloudy/foggy but they have lights on the runway now so they can see a bit better in bad weather. Kade Bellaney

Absolutely! Manly approaches using NDB in wind and rain and clouds. Yikes! I hate to hear about that -200, that's a shame. My understanding was that they were departing and on the climb out?
It was on approach actually, they were 1nm east of the runway off centerline. Ceiling was 200 ft 3 mi vis fog and drizzle. Also roughly a 10 kt tailwind. The cause is still not clear. It is amazing there were 3 survivors, one being a 7 year old girl.

Try a visual on LPMA....Aerosoft has a great scenery and it´s a very challenging approach. Pilots also need special training to land there. Maybe the standard scenery captures some of this, if you don´t own the addon scenery.

That's very sad. I'm addicted to aircrash investigation TV series. I recently flew on a JetBlue A320 to NYC on business and was terrified by the fly by wire technology and the fact that it's all computers. My computer crashes all the time! They have a TV in every seat that displays your altitude and the pilot said we were going to 37,000ft and the altitude readout in my seat was 41,000ft so here I was thinking the elevator was jammed. As far as the 732 crash... Those are very old aircraft and I can't believe they are still in service, hmm...

You shouldn't be terrified by fly-by-wire. You should be elated by the flight envelope protection. Martin Wilby

That's very sad. I'm addicted to aircrash investigation TV series. I recently flew on a JetBlue A320 to NYC on business and was terrified by the fly by wire technology and the fact that it's all computers. My computer crashes all the time! They have a TV in every seat that displays your altitude and the pilot said we were going to 37,000ft and the altitude readout in my seat was 41,000ft so here I was thinking the elevator was jammed. As far as the 732 crash... Those are very old aircraft and I can't believe they are still in service, hmm...
...the 777 is pure fly-by-wire and the only casualty registered happened during refueling.

Omar Josef
737/757/767

I believe ORBX are releasing their version later this year.
That's correct. Orbx NZ South then Queenstown airport later this year.

Try the approach to rwy02 at SBRJ....Rio's old Santos Dumont....in real life, B738s and A320s perform this daily...do a search on you tube, there is a video showing the chart and the procedure. Will Reynolds

You sound about 13-14 max so have lots to learn (just checked your profile and your 22)Anyway FBW is very safe and you cant compare a multi million dollar aircraft to a thousand dollar PC. In relation to the "old" 732, age has no factors - sure the systems are not as modern, but if you compare a 1969 car to a 2012 car, both run well if they are serviced - same applies for planes.

Hi! Don´t forget Cuzco (spzo), the altitude is a challenge and if you are to heavy or lose an engine at the wrong situation.........Angel.gif BrgdsPatrik Soderberg