Sign in to follow this  
Capt Richardo

CDU - Keypad Illumination When Undocked?

Can anyone tell me if the CDU has its own lighting control for the keys when undocked? I know how to adjust the screen brightness but not the keys (I haven’t had a lot of time to investigate the manuals as yet, not sure if this is a problem or not yet). I use the CDU on a touch screen so key illumination is very helpful. Thanks Rich

I had this issue as well in that the keypad undocked was extremely dark. I got to an acceptable level by turning up the panel flood (pedestal flood via the lighting knobs right the back of the pedestal) but it is still dark and I do have look to closely to see the keys. I still havn't found a proper solution though without turning all the lighting right up which looks horrible over the rest of the cockpit!

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg

Same problem here, flying in the dark is not so good when you can`t see the keys on the CDU. I pressed the wrong ones a few times now.