Sign in to follow this  
madair

FMC SPD gone... Reads N1

Quick question for everyone... After departing, and engaging LNAV/VNAV/CMD A, my PFD displays, in the upper left, "N1" and never changes to FMC SPD. This ultimately results in my aircraft never exceeding 26,000-28,000 ft, no matter how the FMC is programmed. What switch have I missed? Started CLDDRK... Thanks,Matt Adair

The A/T FMA should stay in N1 mode until reaching cruise. The pitch FMA should read FMC SPD. When you reach cruise, it will switch to FMC SPD | LNAV | VNAV PTH. I have no idea why you can't exceed FL260 without more info.

Joe Sherrill

I don't know how to describe it. But in every mode of flight (CLB/CRZ), there is a limit imposed upon N1.. Even when it states FMC SPD, the autothrottle will not increase thrust to reach a desired speed or continue a climb. Only had this problem the last 2 flights and I have no idea what has changed with my pre-flight setup. Very frustrating.

What happens when you use level change to continue the climb and re-engage VNAV at cruise?

Joe Sherrill

I don't know how to describe it. But in every mode of flight (CLB/CRZ), there is a limit imposed upon N1.. Even when it states FMC SPD, the autothrottle will not increase thrust to reach a desired speed or continue a climb. Only had this problem the last 2 flights and I have no idea what has changed with my pre-flight setup. Very frustrating.
What does your TAT say? Do you run any weather addon?It may just be too warm up there ...

Dave P. Woycek

What is the TAT reading on the CDU at the FL you cant exceed? If it reads +20C - +45C then that could be limiting you climbing to a higher FL. There is a known issue with FSX giving erradict wind and weather information at high altitudes. I use Active sky to correct that problem and then there is a setting under FSUPIC to smooth winds and turbulence around the plane to prevent the dreaded S turns in LNAV.

I just noticed that TAT read 45+... I haven't seen this before in FSX. That would explain things a bit I believe.