Sign in to follow this  
MAUCINTI

is it me or what...?

As all of you, I expected for a long time the release of our preferred aircraft for FSX.Having seen all the videos and reviews about it I buyed it as soon I got home from vacation.After the good experience with PMDG 737 for FS9 I'm sure NGX will be at least the "best" for my home-cockpit, based now on FSX.Well, I don't know if I missed something or did something wrong (?) but NGX is simply "unflyable" on my system.Even taxiing is an adventure: it goes left and right.Not to speak of climbing, turning, change speed, etc..Now, I'm not a newbie, so I'm a bit confused by that.1) Installation looked OK, but : why I can't have a virtual cockpit view (it is not selectable even from the menu bar)?2) Doesn't it create a new entry in menu bar (FS9 version did it) ?3) Is it normal to get a 7/8 FPS at gate in KSFO or EDDF ? (normally, with other plane I get 20/25 FPS)In conclusion : I'm surely missing something or doing something wrong, but What?PMDG did a wonderful work and I only want to enjoy it, but am I alone with this kind of problems? FSX runs on: i7 980X 3,33Ghz - MoBo Asus Extreme II - GEForce GTX 480 1536Mb - RAM 6GB DDR3 1800Mhz. maurizio

spacer.png   Como (Italy )   www.sim737ng.it

I9-13900kf-Asusz790-32GB GSkill-Rtx4080-MSFS/P3Dv6-3xBenq1080ST-Win10-Prosim3.26-AS-Envtex-Envshade-Orbx basepack,OpenLC Europe-CPFlight hardware-RSP TQ-Always on Vatsim

banner2.jpg

Not sure what's going on here. Something is definitely amiss. Perhaps try a reinstall and make sure that you don't have a bunch of garbage programs/services running in the background. Also, you should seriously consider overclocking. You can get to 4.4Ghz easily on that chip, from what I've read. Lastly, what has been your experience with other addon aircraft in FSX (PMDG, LevelD or others)? Trevor

As all of you, I expected for a long time the release of our preferred aircraft for FSX.Having seen all the videos and reviews about it I buyed it as soon I got home from vacation.After the good experience with PMDG 737 for FS9 I'm sure NGX will be at least the "best" for my home-cockpit, based now on FSX.Well, I don't know if I missed something or did something wrong (?) but NGX is simply "unflyable" on my system.Even taxiing is an adventure: it goes left and right.Not to speak of climbing, turning, change speed, etc..Now, I'm not a newbie, so I'm a bit confused by that.1) Installation looked OK, but : why I can't have a virtual cockpit view (it is not selectable even from the menu bar)?2) Doesn't it create a new entry in menu bar (FS9 version did it) ?3) Is it normal to get a 7/8 FPS at gate in KSFO or EDDF ? (normally, with other plane I get 20/25 FPS)In conclusion : I'm surely missing something or doing something wrong, but What?PMDG did a wonderful work and I only want to enjoy it, but am I alone with this kind of problems? FSX runs on: i7 980X 3,33Ghz - MoBo Asus Extreme II - GEForce GTX 480 1536Mb - RAM 6GB DDR3 1800Mhz. maurizio
Unfortunately, it sounds like it is you. Maybe you were in too big of a hurry to get flying and overlooked a few items on the checklist - just having the proper hardware and a little FSX experience is not enough. You are required to have the proper setup as outlined in the Instructions. It sounds to me like you need to do the Intro and Use walk around so to speak. You will find this necessary as PMDG has changed the rules a bit on this one. No menu at the top, everything is in the sim that you need. Lots of depth and many new folders in the CDU. Basic configuration and settings as outlined are necessary or you will never get off the ground with this one. The second half of the manual is a quick and easy flight tutorial that will iron out some of the rough spots for you. The other stuff you may want to know can be found with a series of searches and lots of study and reading. Good luck. Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

SP2 or Acceleration is installed with FSX? When finishing the installation of the NGX did it come up with some extra installers, like DirectX for instance, and did you run those as recommended? Perhaps a screenshot of any of the weird experiences you're describing?

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

Unfortunately, it sounds like it is you. Maybe you were in too big of a hurry to get flying and overlooked a few items on the checklist - just having the proper hardware and a little FSX experience is not enough. You are required to have the proper setup as outlined in the Instructions. It sounds to me like you need to do the Intro and Use walk around so to speak. You will find this necessary as PMDG has changed the rules a bit on this one. No menu at the top, everything is in the sim that you need. Lots of depth and many new folders in the CDU. Basic configuration and settings as outlined are necessary or you will never get off the ground with this one. The second half of the manual is a quick and easy flight tutorial that will iron out some of the rough spots for you. The other stuff you may want to know can be found with a series of searches and lots of study and reading. Good luck. Ray

I9-13900kf-Asusz790-32GB GSkill-Rtx4080-MSFS/P3Dv6-3xBenq1080ST-Win10-Prosim3.26-AS-Envtex-Envshade-Orbx basepack,OpenLC Europe-CPFlight hardware-RSP TQ-Always on Vatsim

banner2.jpg

Something sounds pretty corrupted if you have no VC view selectable - we don't even control that, it's built into FSX. The NGX does not have menus - it's not like the old PMDG products, all the config options are within the FMC. It is certainly not normal to get 7FPS with that kind of system. Something's wrong.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Unfortunately, it sounds like it is you. Maybe you were in too big of a hurry to get flying and overlooked a few items on the checklist - just having the proper hardware and a little FSX experience is not enough. You are required to have the proper setup as outlined in the Instructions. It sounds to me like you need to do the Intro and Use walk around so to speak. You will find this necessary as PMDG has changed the rules a bit on this one. No menu at the top, everything is in the sim that you need. Lots of depth and many new folders in the CDU. Basic configuration and settings as outlined are necessary or you will never get off the ground with this one. Ray
Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear.I've been around with FS since the first version on old and romantic Commodore 64, now I've been working for a couple of years on building a complete home-cockpit of a B737-800 based on 5 PCs linked on a net (PC1 is only running FSX and the outside visual at 180° on a semicircular screen 5 meters wide via three video projectors ruled by a Matrox Triple Head Digital) while the other 4 Pcs share the various parts of the Avionic software (plus squawkbox for online flight, etc).so believe me, when I say I'm not a newbie.I only meant that, as soon as I was back home from vacation I installed NGX and was surprised not to achieve a decent, flyable plane as I am used to.Obviously i miss to read and "study" all the manuals as you say....
Something sounds pretty corrupted if you have no VC view selectable - we don't even control that, it's built into FSX.The NGX does not have menus - it's not like the old PMDG products, all the config options are within the FMC.It is certainly not normal to get 7FPS with that kind of system. Something's wrong.
As above, you're definitely right : I'm going to study manuals, but.... Seems I'm not the only one to have problems with graphical issues or strange behaviour of VC panels (lot of threads on that). This can be annoying but I honestly not even NEED to have a virtual cockpit, as in my cockpit I not even HAVE a display for it. (cockpit is actually in front of my seat) . Anyway, it souds strange to me that it is not selectable (maybe a uninstall/reinstall can help?)7FPS are really frustrating, but that happens to me ONLY with NGX. Anyway, even in this case, I read many others complaining about FPS.In conclusion : maybe we have to wait for some SP.

banner2.jpg