HI ALL,I was planning to buy a P67+a I5 2500k but my budget has now changed and I may have to rethink what Iam going to get,I am currently running a AMD6400 BE , How much of an improvement would I see if I went for a H67+ i3,I know I wouldn't be able to overclock it. I am also you a 9800gtx gpu.Mark

For what do you want to use the system ?

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Sorry should have said, FSX, PMDG 738NG , plus UK2000 adon scenery .
I3 should be better , you may have to lower sliders and use tweaks. But if you can wait and save some that would be much better

Go the i3 route. But get a P67 motherboard. This way you can easily upgrade to an i5-2500k or i7-2600k when budget allows, and can OC them. H67 only allows for a VERY limited OC.

Go the i3 route. But get a P67 motherboard. This way you can easily upgrade to an i5-2500k or i7-2600k when budget allows, and can OC them. H67 only allows for a VERY limited OC.
Very much agreed. Leave your options open for upgrades.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Probably not much.

I don't think you get K model i3's. If you see an i3 with a K in it's name. Yes. You can OC it.

I don't think you get K model i3's. If you see an i3 with a K in it's name. Yes. You can OC it.
Aren't the K models just for the SB's ? I have never heard of the K's in i3 or maybe I am mistaken.

You get sandy bridge i3's

http://www.newegg.co...ICE&PageSize=20 All Sandy Bridge. It's very hard to educate a person of all modern technology in a forum! I suggest doing plenty of research online, and then backing that up with questions here.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

I'd say the i3 3.3GHz is best. If you can stretch to an i5 even better

http://www.newegg.co...ICE&PageSize=20 All Sandy Bridge. It's very hard to educate a person of all modern technology in a forum! I suggest doing plenty of research online, and then backing that up with questions here.
haha yes i need the research as it's been 15 long years since handling any kind of hardware it changed so fast.

If the i3 behaves anything like the i5 you shouldbe all set with fsx. Fsx for me locked at 30 fps seems to barely stress the processor out. I can run fsx and folding@home at the same time and it's still nowhere near fully loaded like my old amd 6000+ x2 was. This is on an overclocked i5 2500k at 4.6ghz. The i5 2500k is an extremely good value for the performance you get imo.