Sign in to follow this  
dm123

Blurry Writing

Hello everyone, I posted about this a few days ago and I thought I had fixed it, but it seems I havent. All of the writing and labels in the cockpit are blurry until I zoom all of the way in. Before you ask, yes I have read the documentation, tried various settings both using the FSX display options, read every post in this forum with the search word of "blurry," and I tried moving the graphics controls to the GPU controls instead of them being application controlled. Nothing. As far as I can tell, it has to do with the Filtering. If I turn filtering off, the blurriness goes away, and instead everything gets edgy and terrible looking. Also, weirdly, when I tried setting the graphics settings with my GPU controls (and yes, I turned them off first within FSX) there was no change compared to having no AA and filtering at all. Please help, because it makes flying miserable if I cant read any labels! Thanks in advance.

Daniel Miller

I see you are using a ATI card.If you have morphological filtering enabled, disable that under the AA settings.That makes the text go blurry. Check the mip map settings, too low could cause this problem as well.

Mip map settings did nothing, other than murder my last few remaining fps, so it is not that. I cant seem to find anything regarding morphological filtering. I have the options for box, narrow tent, wide tent, and edge detect. (maybe I dont have it because it is midlevel laptop card?)

Daniel Miller

Your probably right about the laptop driver, I mentioned it because it popped up in a new driver I downloaded and it enabled itself, causing me some grief. The only other thing that I can think of for now would be the global texture resolution being too low in fsx?

Im going to try new drivers, because there is an updated one that I havent downloaded. If that doesnt work, I will try reinstalling, because this problem only affects the NGX.

Daniel Miller

no change. updated drivers, reinstalled the NGX. nothing. any other ideas?

Daniel Miller

Maximize the global texture slider in options>settings>display.
It already is.

Daniel Miller

I had similar problems. Probably you have already tried, but in my case I had to enable the supersampling in the GPU controls, and keep the mipmap settings maximized. Mi GPU is HD 5850.

I had similar problems. Probably you have already tried, but in my case I had to enable the supersampling in the GPU controls, and keep the mipmap settings maximized. Mi GPU is HD 5850.
THANK YOU!! that did it!

Daniel Miller