Sign in to follow this  
crosswind

My first Panel Freeze....However!

Firstly, let it be known that I have not yet applied any hot fixes. I have been flying to see what hiccups i encounter first. I was performing a few touch and go's at LPMA and was fighting a crosswind landing into runway 05. I had the left rudder slightly kicked and then just before flaring I lost the track due to a wind gust so I decided to perform a go around, and voila - the panel froze and I had input from the yoke or rudder pedals available, however I still had power lever control, so I thought, why not attempt a United 232 approach. to my surprise PMDG was able to simulate/nail asymmetrical thrust very well. I execute the pattern with just that "asymmetrical thrust" I had flaps at 40 degrees already so i was able to maintain fairly descent approach speeds. Although it was not a center-line landing, it was good enough for government work. Robert, Tabs, Vin and the rest of the crew...KUDOS!!!!

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

I was shocked that I was able to still utilize the power levers

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos