Sign in to follow this  
Joakim

Someone want to explain RWY Remain?

Hello guys! I can't seem to figure out what RWY Remain is good for. I've tried out this function. But nothing happens. Tried without entering a rwy lenght and with. Lnav, Vnav and A/T with n1 is armed. But this thing ain't showing me the remaining lenght of the runway. The number i pressed in before entering the runway stands there or --00 remain.So someone want to explain? :( And oh yea, the gps thingy is activated as it stands in the manual.

what exactly you talking about?oh, i think its used in case the runway threshold is displaced or for an intersection departure, i think what it does is reposition the start of the runway symbol on the ND

Hello guys! I can't seem to figure out what RWY Remain is good for. I've tried out this function. But nothing happens. Tried without entering a rwy lenght and with. Lnav, Vnav and A/T with n1 is armed. But this thing ain't showing me the remaining lenght of the runway. The number i pressed in before entering the runway stands there or --00 remain. So someone want to explain? tongue.png And oh yea, the gps thingy is activated as it stands in the manual.
FCOM Vol 2 page 969 [Option – Runway remaining update with TO/GA activation, FMC U10.2 and later] Automatically displays the departure runway from the RTE page.If a runway remaining distance is not entered and GPS UPDATE is OFF, the FMC updates to the runway threshold when TO/GA is pushed.If a runway remaining distance is entered and GPS UPDATE is OFF, the FMC updates to the runway length remaining when the TO/GA switch is pushed. TO/GA position update inhibited if GPS UPDATE is ON.Following TO/GA update, the runway identifier and any entered shift value are highlighted in reverse video characters.To remove a RWY REMAIN entry, reselect RWY on RTE page Fred.
  • Upvote 1