Sign in to follow this  
Eraser74

Navdata out of date

Hi! Just started my NGX and the CDU presented me with the message "Navdata out of date". Are they serious?? Does the NGX check the date and the navdata and tells one if it is out of date? So I now have to always have the latest AIRAC installed to not get this message?

Or you could update your AIRAC's text files and prolong it's validity ;)

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

The NGX comes with the 1108 database. That shouldn't be out of date yet. What was the date set in the FSX date & time for the flight?

Well for me here in germany its the 25th August, so the cycle is out of date as per the CDU, cause they state that it´s valid from 28th July to the 24th August.

AIRAC 1109 did come out today... Not sure if that matters :-)

Hmm. I think it maybe expired on the 24th. You can get updated airac cycles for payware aircraft.

I know that you can get updated AIRAC, I have a navigraph account, but I normally update my cycles every two or three months. Seems like those days are over or just click this message away every time.

Well for me here in germany its the 25th August, so the cycle is out of date as per the CDU, cause they state that it´s valid from 28th July to the 24th August.
You can still use it !! If you want to keep it up to date you will need to join Navigraph.They update the airac cycle once a month. No problems using an out of date cycle.

The real 737NG FMC gives that message when the database is expired - it's not some plot to make you buy the updates... cmon guys.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

No, that is not what I meant Tabs. I meant that every other plane didn´t care about this, but this one does. I didn´t say that you secretly worked with navigraph to sell more cycles. I just found it cool, that it gives that message, even if it means that one does get reminded that not the newest cycle is installed.

Maybe came off a bit wrong, but I was just amazed that something like this was in the NGX. With "are they serious" I meant that they are really crazy about simulating such tiny things like that. My last sentence was a question if I could turn of this message every time or if this just dissapears when installing the newest AIRAC. So yeah....it came off wrong.

No, that is not what I meant Tabs. I meant that every other plane didn´t care about this, but this one does. I didn´t say that you secretly worked with navigraph to sell more cycles. I just found it cool, that it gives that message, even if it means that one does get reminded that not the newest cycle is installed.
Every single FMC equipped airliner I have for FS9 gives this message when the AIRAC has officially expired, and most of them are not PMDG products.

Yeah well, I have seen this message for the first time now. But then ... I started flightsimulation end of last year.

But then ... I started flightsimulation end of last year.
Haha straight in the deep end then eh :)