Sign in to follow this  
VPA481

Strange graphic "issue" in FSX

Hi, I never noticed something strange, as I rarely used the wing view, before last nite. This is common to all the PMDG a/c I use in FSX (MD11 / B747 / 737 NGX): I've got a wonderful general graphic rendering, but in wing view, in clean configuration (does not happen with slats / flaps), there are some aliasing / big squares at the back edge of the wings. Not a drama, but all looks well except that ! It's so ugly ... I use latest ATI catalyst, with all slides to the right, "use application" unchecked, the "high detail a/c" in FSX is checked. My rig: I7E860 not o/c (I'm a noob in oc'ing), 8 gigs RAM, ATI 5870, MB P7P55D. Thanks again for your ideas.

Screenshot?

Hi, I never noticed something strange, as I rarely used the wing view, before last nite. This is common to all the PMDG a/c I use in FSX (MD11 / B747 / 737 NGX): I've got a wonderful general graphic rendering, but in wing view, in clean configuration (does not happen with slats / flaps), there are some aliasing / big squares at the back edge of the wings. Not a drama, but all looks well except that ! It's so ugly ... I use latest ATI catalyst, with all slides to the right, "use application" unchecked, the "high detail a/c" in FSX is checked. My rig: I7E860 not o/c (I'm in noob in oc'ing), 8 gigs RAM, ATI 5870, MB P7P55D. Thanks again for your ideas.
Hi!Yes why don´t people put up a screenshot instead?....You know pics can tell more than word sometimes. Whistle.gifAlso we need some more about your system like this:1. Os?2. Using Nvidia Inspector and setting according to Ryans post?3. DirectX 9 or 10?......./ Leffe

Hi, Screenshot to come, i'm at the office now. 1- Win7 642- As I wrote, ATI catalyst, so NVIDIA inspector may be uesless ?!3- DX9 Cheers.

Turn off aircraft self shadowing - the NGX external model doesn't support it. It's done in a really fake way in the FSX graphics engine in the first place and the sorts of techniques we used on the model cause it to do stuff like that - nothing we can do.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Ryan, One more time you gave me the right fix ! Thanks so much ! Maybe add it to the PMDG wiki ? Cheers !