Sign in to follow this  

Hi I have a Saitek X52 and would like to use the slider to control the brakes. Unfortunately there is not a 'single' brake option in the Axis Control menu of FSX. Is there anyway around this problem as I would like to have variable brakes instead of full on or off. I don't have any room under my computer desk to use pedals, so the X52 is my only option. Thanks Glen

Glen

FSUIPC allows you to assign more than one function to an axis (or button for that matter), so you could assign the left and right toe brakes to the same single axis through it.

Cheers, Andy.

Andy Thanks for your help. I tried reading the FSUIPC User Guide on the Axis tab, but not being very technical, most of it went straight over my head. From what you say it sounds fairly straight forward, any links to an idiots guide on this subject.

Glen

Sorry no there is no such guide other than the documentation that comes with FSUIPC, do you already have the registered version of FSUIPC?

Cheers, Andy.

OK open up FSUIPC from the add-ons menu in the menu bar at the top of the screen then go to the "axis assignment" tab in FSUIPC. Now move the Slider on the X52 back and forth, if the numbers for the axis don't go up and down (they are in the middle of the page) as you are sliding the slider it hasn't found the correct axis yet, so click on the "rescan" button (its on the left hand side of the page) while still moving the slider back and forth, keep clicking rescan until you do see the numbers rising and falling with the slider movement. When you finally see the numbers rising and falling in sync with your slider motion you know you are seeing the correct axis. Make sure there is a radio button in the item "send to FS as normal axis". Now from the drop down menu boxes just below in the top box of 4 select "Axis Left Brake Set", then from the next drop down box select "Axis Right Brake Set". Click on the OK button and you are done. The slider should now operate both of the brakes together when you move slider, you will not be able to turn using differential braking though with this setup.

Cheers, Andy.

Andy Many thanks it works !! I did try that before but I was selecting the drop boxes on the right labelled 'Control sent when range entered' blush.png Thanks again for helping me out, I can now brake without the nose burying itself in the tarmac.

Glen