Sign in to follow this  
031195ds

How can I see the M25 or M4 when I approach London Heathrow?

Hi, Currently I have UK2000 Heathrow Extreme and i landed at runway 9L and it looked nothing like the approach that you will normaly have when you land at that runway or airport. I like the addon but the surrounding is all default :S On a video on youtube I saw a the petrol station near the heathrow airport and on another video I saw the M25. Where do they get all this and I tried asking them but they never replied. Is there an addon for the motorways and something that can enhance the approach to London Heathrow? If so please share :D Thank You

In theory you see the M25 with default textures, in theory you should see the M25 with UT Europe. I don't think either is particulary convincing and you certainly will not see the aforementioned petrol station (which I know very well btw and would not recommend because it is very expensive) . VFR photographic scenery will certainly enable you to see the M25. The problem with this add-on is that if you have a large number of AI aircraft parked at the airport and some sort of add-on scenery, this will slow your computer down to the point where the textures may not load in time to see the M25 in all its glory ! Gary Summon's very excellent Heathrow Extreme package should include peripherial add-ons to the airport such as motorway traffic and the good ol' petrol station. Did the uploader on You Tube say whether he was using FS9 or FSX ? Sometimes FSX scenery packages are a little more complex. Do you have all your sliders to the right regarding autogen and scenery complexity ? One final point is that Gary Summons has released a '' Version 2 '' of this package and it may well include other add-ons that Version 1 did not have. Tristan

What VFR addons are there that I can use see the surroundings of Heathrow and which one do you recommend the most? The youtube video was FS9 and I think version 1 so is there a way to get those things?