Sign in to follow this  
Methylparaben

Icing?

I'm sure this has been brought up before but i can't seem to either damage systems with anti ice of at -110 TAT, or make the windscreen Ice up. Alex

as already stated icing is not modelled. Pmdg reached the limit of animations. Furthermore the 737 de-icing systems are very effective and it operates most times outside severe icing areas (in contrast to the j41)regards,christopher volle

Regards,
Chris Volle

i7700k @ 4,7, 32gb ram, Win10, MSI GTX1070.

there is no graphics for ice however the aircraft will be affeted by it. Bear in mind you need to be in cloud or mist for it to form. No cloud, no ice.

AND...the ability of the air to hold moisture decreases with temperature. Once the air reaches a certain temp, there are no supercooled water droplets to freeze on aircraft surfaces because any moisture in the air spontaneously freezes and exists only in the form of tiny ice crystals. -110 is darn cold. Trevor

ah yeah forgot about the clouds haha, real shame about not having icing and rain effects. I hope pmdg add them in a service update, so you can disable some of the other effects that i can't see happening and add rain and ice

But i fly in cloud or rain at -1Xc before,and nothing happened.I know icing not visual model,but has simulator icing condition?

But i fly in cloud or rain at -1Xc before,and nothing happened.I know icing not visual model,but has simulator icing condition?
Icing isn't modelled visually, but the performance effects change with icing. For example icing on the wings causes drag and less lift, so in the NGX you'll have slight drag and less lift etc

If the NGX was a turboprop, you'd notice the aerodynamic performance hit a lot sooner.Trevor