Sign in to follow this  
cloudswimmer

Why was my thread locked?

Less than 24hrs after posting I have a graphical issue I believe to be a bug?I was not rude, did not put down anyone, gave praise to the product, and even got a tip and some encouragement.After the last two (unfortunately again condescending) post on integrating a home cockpit with the NGX ( a subject I am just starting to explore as I was under the impression that PMDG would make available a SDK for hardware manufactures to use for hardware integration) The thread was locked.Could not it be left open for perhaps future technical discussion?For someone else to chime in with perhaps other things to try?A technical explanation perhaps behind the phenomenon besides one PMDG reps apparent non technical understanding of the issue?Seems a bit smidgen on the rude side to me and just killed half my zeal for the product :(

Chris Strobel KSNA

original.jpg

Less than 24hrs after posting I have a graphical issue I believe to be a bug?I was not rude, did not put down anyone, gave praise to the product, and even got a tip and some encouragement.After the last two (unfortunately again condescending) post on integrating a home cockpit with the NGX ( a subject I am just starting to explore as I was under the impression that PMDG would make available a SDK for hardware manufactures to use for hardware integration) The thread was locked.Could not it be left open for perhaps future technical discussion?For someone else to chime in with perhaps other things to try?A technical explanation perhaps behind the phenomenon besides one PMDG reps apparent non technical understanding of the issue?Seems a bit smidgen on the rude side to me and just killed half my zeal for the product sad.png
It was locked because you were declaring a "Serious graphics bug" when in reality, it was so minor most didn't even see what you were talking about at first. Also, some on the thread that this was PMDG's fault when in reality it is a FSX/Graphics drivers issue, nothing to do with the NGX, nothing PMDG can fix.

It was a pretty silly post, to be honest. The "dots" are caused at night by the stars. No biggy... They go away when you look somewhere else. I've noticed them on many different aircraft , and FS9. To say otherwise (again, I've seen it on many aircraft and situations[i'm not being dishonest]) is silly, too. Oh, and this isn't a serious graphical bug. Secret.gif Anyway, it was closed. I'd leave it at that...

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Di Agron xDell XPS 15 L502X | Intel i5-2540m @ 2.60GHz | 4GB DDR3 1333MHz (2x2GB) | nVidia GT525M | Seagate 500GB 7200RPM | 15" 1366x768 | 23" LG 1360x768 |Got a hardware question? Ask:HERE (Mobo's, Ram, CPU's, custom builds, general hardware etc)HERE (Graphics cards, monitors, drivers etc)HERE (Peripherals/Hardware and related drivers)HERE (Internet/Networking)Please note my PM's are not a means of contacting me for support. They are full enough as it is.What you can PM me:
  • Suggestions
  • Private chat
  • PC Hardware questions
  • FSX Addon queries.

What you can't PM me:

• PMDG support questions (Use their forums found HERE)
  • Asking me out for a drink. Answer is and always will be no...you know who you are.

Shocked.gif (So, I guess asking for NGX support over drinks is out of the question??)

The deciding factor might have been, that the problem is not caused by the NGX and is unfixable by PMDG - case closed. Ryan wasn't in the mood for another discussion I guess.

Shocked.gif (So, I guess asking for NGX support over drinks is out of the question??)
Hahaha thats a double no no. Unless it was someone like Tabs, talking to me about the future of PMDG support over drinks then I might consider it....

Ryan, you got a fan right there lol.
Or a stalker.

Or a stalker.
Haha hardly

LOL!!
Steady on. Overly Enthusiastic is one thing I may, but never a stalker :(

@ OP ! If you into cockpit building you might like to take a look at this thread.Pgages 4,5 6. Fred. http://forum.avsim.n...is/page__st__75
Ok thanks Fred.Nice rig.I too have a lot of Peter Coz hardware and panels, older NG series, and newer A320 series, as well as PM software. After starting to build the commercial combat flight center, I lost interest in building my home projects, my hobby became work again, and the last thing I wanted to do when I got home from work was work some more if you know what I mean. After I completed the commercial center I was burned out on flightsims of any genre, and left the center to be run by its investors. I thought I was done for good with flightsimming, sold off all my Precision Flight Controls hardware, and stowed the FDS panels and hardware in plastic containers for future sale. Well the dust has settled after a couple years now, and taking up real world flight lessons has picked my interest again in MSFS as well as X-Plane, and the NGX has me seriously staring at those FDS panels again. Things have progressed nicely I see in the FTD and home flightdeck hardware market, PM is still going strong, and the community has grown quite a bit since back then. I got a lot of catching up to do. Anyway to the others, as far as the graphic subject, I guess one mans mountain is another mans molehill, but the issue WAS noticed by live bystanders, most who are still actively involved in aviation simulation to some capacity, so its not ALL just in my head.Anyhoo I'm truly glad most you don't consider it an issue, and are able to enjoy the sim day or night. I think for me it will be mostly day flying the NGX till I figure out what direction the home cockpit project is going. The NGX truly is the best add-on I've ever seen in home PC simulation going back almost 30 years now. :)

Chris Strobel KSNA

original.jpg

Ok thanks Fred.Nice rig.I too have a lot of Peter Coz hardware and panels, older NG series, and newer A320 series, as well as PM software. After starting to build the commercial combat flight center, I lost interest in building my home projects, my hobby became work again, and the last thing I wanted to do when I got home from work was work some more if you know what I mean. After I completed the commercial center I was burned out on flightsims of any genre, and left the center to be run by its investors. I thought I was done for good with flightsimming, sold off all my Precision Flight Controls hardware, and stowed the FDS panels and hardware in plastic containers for future sale. Well the dust has settled after a couple years now, and taking up real world flight lessons has picked my interest again in MSFS as well as X-Plane, and the NGX has me seriously staring at those FDS panels again. Things have progressed nicely I see in the FTD and home flightdeck hardware market, PM is still going strong, and the community has grown quite a bit since back then. I got a lot of catching up to do. Anyway to the others, as far as the graphic subject, I guess one mans mountain is another mans molehill, but the issue WAS noticed by live bystanders, most who are still actively involved in aviation simulation to some capacity, so its not ALL just in my head.Anyhoo I'm truly glad most you don't consider it an issue, and are able to enjoy the sim day or night. I think for me it will be mostly day flying the NGX till I figure out what direction the home cockpit project is going. The NGX truly is the best add-on I've ever seen in home PC simulation going back almost 30 years now. :)
I totally agree with you !! The NGX is a leap forward in the simulation world.Such a pity that MS stopped developing FSX. Maybe MS Flight will surprise us all. Fred.

[/color]I totally agree with you !! The NGX is a leap forward in the simulation world.Such a pity that MS stopped developing FSX. Maybe MS Flight will surprise us all. Fred.
We can keep our fingers crossed. Hopefully a smooth transition awaits us all :)

Chris Strobel KSNA

original.jpg