Sign in to follow this  
Turbine777

Time lapse fun!

I'm pretty new to video but was pretty happy with the results of this week long effort. Hurry and view it before youtube rips my song of choice ;) Some time lapse fun where I did my best to sync as much as possible to the music. It took an enormous amount of videos to find the perfect ones and just glad it's over ohmy.pngEnjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GU-6xJWx1k

PS. I recommend watching from youtube using the "Expanded" view, or full screen (It's more clear and less dark).

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Who are you? The picture looks familiar, but.... hmmm. Great vid!! Welcome back Dan!!

\Robert Hamlich/

Haha, funny Robert rolleyes.gifYeah, tiz I, the guy with the turkey hanging out of his mouth. Just a comment on "Welcome back Dan!!". I seem to get that a lot when I do posts here on Avsim lately and just wanted to quickly touch on some known mis understandings (not necessarily to you).Some people think I started my own forum and don't come here due to it and I've talked to some people that thought I died or something haha. Well, I promise if I die, I'll post that information! My forum can be a lot of my spare time but that word "spare" is something I don't see much this summer. I'm still unemployed so have been jumping on every little side job I can and they're too few of them but summer is the reason for that I guess (must capitalize on that). I also (due to summer) have been unplugging a lot these past months. Still trying to drop the fat and "Man-Boobs" that this past winter did to me, doh. I do have to say though that taking a break from all this has been good but I still say my computer has better graphics than reality ;) Another thing is the NGX. I can't afford it right now and don't even sim. In fact I hadn't simmed in enough time for FSX to do it's "I'm mad at you for not running me lately so now prepare for issues up the kazoo" thing. It took a few days to settle down just to do the video (for those wondering, no, I didn't do anything, it fixed itself, as always). Basically, you wouldn't hang out in a candy store if you didn't have the coin for the candy but being VERY compulsive, I really have to try and not look at all addons since when I do make a few bucks it's not easy to stay responsible with how I spend it so simply avoid all temptations altogether. Anywho, sorry for the long wind here but too many people don't post, they PM or email so thought this may help explain what looks like my retirement.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

What's up Dan, good to see you back in here! Love the Guinness MD-11! Great video man.

Brandon Burkley

Hey hey Brandon, nice to see you too and thanks. Yeah, I never really did a video on a paint so took this opportunity to sneak my favorite 3 in this one (Maiden, 911, United Danlines). The first two are available in the Avsim library and the last one, well, if your name is Dan and want it, it's linked somewhere here in the Turboprop area ;)

Dan Prunier

Wow!....what can one say? Marvelous video Dan.....Welcome back btw. Hug.gif / Leffe cool.png

Awesome video. In Fraps my quality still seems low even in full size. Hope their are plenty more vids to come cos that is great!

Incredible work Dan! I love that maiden paint at the end, I notice the windows are used as eyes for the band members, very creative.

Thanks guys appreciate it. I just hope youtube doesn't strip the song out just yet. Normally I get an email right away that they detected the song, but this time I edited the songs meta data and it went undetected, well for a little while anyway. 99% of the work of course was to sync it to that song so it's gone once they kill the tunes. @Andrew I hope to put more up when I can find my cables to go from my keyboard to my comp and do some piano recording again. I actually love metal, but prefer to write more of a classical style. I only have a couple videos on my channel but the other one is an example of what I'm going to try and do. (Rather not post it here since too many videos on one page can cause delays in the forum for some). Thanks AJ, the night lighting for the passengers is custom also which adds a little to that :)

Dan Prunier

What a great video! Really enjoyed it, only criticism is lack of Anti Aliasing and thats it :)

Haha, funny Robert rolleyes.gifYeah, tiz I, the guy with the turkey hanging out of his mouth.
I always wondered what the heck that was. I always thought you had puked or something. Anyway, great video, some very sweet repaints used in the vid and of course the song is a good choice, love playing it on my guitar. Mark.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

What a great video! Really enjoyed it, only criticism is lack of Anti Aliasing and thats it :)
Simon, I must say that the AA has me baffled. My AA looks top notch in FS but for some reason the rendered video look awful in comparison. I inquired about that as the very 1st thing in my other video last week. My exact words were "What's kidnapping my AA?". Anywho, Glad you liked it.
I always wondered what the heck that was. I always thought you had puked or something. Anyway, great video, some very sweet repaints used in the vid and of course the song is a good choice, love playing it on my guitar.
Haha Mark, now that one is the best I've heard yet! I would have changed the picture years ago but love all the different things I read that people think it is. The more common is people think it's a birth mark, but puke is just fantastic for some reason! Look at the 1:25 mark of
to see the turkey swinging in all its glory ;)As for the other part of you comment, it's always amazed me at how many simmers are either musically inclined or strive to be. There's a connection in there somewhere. Maybe we like to use our mind? No idea but it always caught my attention. My 1st website back in 1999'ish, was for local musicians to store their tunes for promos and auditions. Like a forum but attachments weren't possible. They were too big and I often picked up their CD or they brought it to me. I then would upload it for them and all us "Rockstar wannabe's" would share our thoughts (sadly most people would always say "Sounds like....". The worst words to hear as a musician I think. ;) *I did just figure out one issue with this video that I can't believe I missed after proof watching it so many times. It's small but am re-uploading it now. After I see how it looks I'll either delete it and keep the above, or delete it and keep the new.

Dan Prunier

Just wanted to toss this one up since the original in my first post may soon be deleted. After talking to a video guru on my forum, he suggested that I change a couple of my render settings. Well, I did that but since I was taking the time to re-render it out and upload it to youtube for his comparison and input I also took a minute to fix something that has been bugging the crap out of me. At about 1:51, when the 748 is shown, the RWY lights turn on, on a cymbal crash but hard to see in the 1st. I had to shave 1/2 a second off one of my favorite parts of the clip, which is the J41 crew head banging, hehe. I also just added a little blur to the MD-11 scene that comes after the queen sets her fat @$$ down. I prefer this one mainly because of the one 748 change but so far can't tell if it rendered any better. Either way, I'll probably delete the above and replace it with this one soon.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnCyxi2WyA4 I don't like having two youtube posts on one page but want to wait until I hear back from Scott before deleting the original.

Dan Prunier

I always wondered what the heck that was. I always thought you had puked or something.
Yes, I always though you found a photo of someone mid-vomit as well

Pretty nice video! I'm totally new with PMDG and haven't yet purchase the 737 NGX, and I just wondering....with all that going on at and around the airport (loaders, stairs etc.,) are they part of the 737 NGX or add ons?Again just like to say that I enjoy your hard work on the video keep it up!