Sign in to follow this  
jkpcrevier

Paintkit doesn't work

As listed on the download page, Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro are the recommended programs to use. I down loaded the paint kit just now and Photoshop opens the fuse texture as expected. Make sure you're trying to open the PSD files and not one of the config files. Pete Mac PaintPMDG Graphic Designer

As listed on the download page, Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro are the recommended programs to use. I down loaded the paint kit just now and Photoshop opens the fuse texture as expected. Make sure you're trying to open the PSD files and not one of the config files. Pete Mac PaintPMDG Graphic Designer
Thats expensive man!

Paint Shop Pro 7 won't open it either. I think it has to do with te number of layers.

Actualy Gimp will open it. You just have to give enough time.
Is that the same Gimp from Pulp Fiction ?? LMAO.gif

Hi Guys, Same experiences here. I tried GIMP and it's really slow to load up... pretty much unusuable IMHO. Wrt to PSP, I tried PhotoX3 and any psd file greater than 100Mb and it shows an out of memory error. Given that my rig has 4Gb RAM and 64bit Windows 7, it has been able to handle pretty much any layered file up to now, but not the NGX paint files.2 files are problematic... the master file and the wings psd. The others load fine without issue. I reported this issue to PMDG a while back when the 747-8add-on first came out that the size of the paint files were getting to big for many paint apps to handle effectively. It seems that unless you have the budget for a really high powered machine and can afford Photoshop, then this is out of reach for many simmers now. My request to PMDG would be to have a reduced resolution texture set for the paint kit to be created.I am personally OK with not having to run 4096 textures if it means I can fly the livery of my choice.If anyone wants to work with me on creating these, then let me know? RegardsMark

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

It's a very complicated PSD file - sorry, but you can't expect it to work with cheap/free image software... You could probably get Photoshop Elements or something like that pretty inexpensively compared to the full blown CS version.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Ryan,. PhotoX3 is not cheap and it's not free!!! Did you actually test the NGX paint files with PhotoX3 (the latest version of PSP) because it's not able to run on my rig or was this just an assumption? If so, what PC specs did you have? Let us know. I more than happy to tinker with PhotoX3 if you know this should work by experience. ThxMark

Spoiler

Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge

the master.psd doesn't work on PSP X2 version 12, this is where i learned how to paint aircraft, i dont know how to use photoshop, it looks completely different to paint, so for now im copying the master.psd in CS3, flattening it, export it to PSP , doing my texture , and tested it until im happy with it (im still at this stage!), then freeze/delete the flattened master and leave my VA texture in PSP and export it as a .psd file, open it in CS3 (which i never use) and open my saved psd VA texture, and cut and paste it into the orginal master file, (fingers crossed) i will by doing the final bit of this tonight. this is all too overcomplicated , i wish either a, it would open in PSP or b, a started learning in photoshop! :) p.s. even the flattened version , comes back with out of memory errors when saving every know and then, regards my computer: If i can fly NGX with over 20fps (on the ground with addon scenery) 30fps on the air, you would think it could handle opening it in psp? under the performance section ive switched to performance mode , so the win7 looks like xp now, but still doesn't work.

Hello Mac, May be you canconfirm loading the master .psd file from the paintkit into PSP/Photo X3 and report what you find? There's now additional reports that loading these files is causing problems for a few people wanting to generate their own liveries. ThxMark

Spoiler

Mark Aldridge

I only have Photoshop CS5. The paint kit textures consumes large amounts of memory and it take a long time for the full fuse file to open/save. Prior to that I used Photoshop 7 which is 32 bit and it took a very loooooooong time for the files to open and save. I now use a 64 bit system for that reason but it still takes a long time to open and save. Pete Mac PaintPMDG Graphic Designer

Hello Mac, Thx for the reply. This is sort of what I expected. Just to confirm, on my Win7 64bit with the latest version of PSP (Photo X3) it runs out of memory with only 4GB RAM installed. Given the recommendation about PSP being OK for the NGX paint kit, you may want ot consider revising that recommendation on the web site. I think you need a whole lot more RAM than just 4GB installed. BTW : I was able to get the "wings" psd working by opening in GIMP on my 64bit machine (it failed on WinXP) and then collapsing a few of the layers, then re-saving in .psd format. For the largest file, no such luck.I haven't been able to open it all. Given this and you being the most knowledegable person about the NGX paint kit, do you have a recommendation of how to split the master file up into maybe 2 smaller separate files or just post the master file in 2 parts and we can figure out which layers to combine/maniuplate? This could help a few of us out that don't have the luxury/budget to purchase Photoshop right now but still want to be able to generate a few new liveries for the community? Is this possible? thxMark

Spoiler

Mark Aldridge