Sign in to follow this  
Steenos

More Freezing issues...

Ok this is getting old. Spent all this money on a new machine and halfway into an hour and a half long flight, FSX shuts down. Microsoft .NET FrameworkUnhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.Exception From HRESULT: 0xC000020D. Do you need the details of the error? I can copy/paste them. This is just getting really old. I guess it can be user error as well but hopefully someone will help or it will be time to support another ticket. fsxerror.jpg

Is this the first time this has happened? OS? (can't see sig on phone) has windows update installed any updates recently?

I thought after install updates were installed. Yes this is the first time. Windows 7 64 bit ultimate.

Okay I think its the update. There's 2 options. Roll back to before that update was installed (all Windows updates should create a restore point) or try find out what was installed in the update and uninstall it

It's never done this before though. I don't think anything has updated recently. Would that still be the problem?

I had an update install when I shut down my laptop 24 hours ago. It's 7 HP 64bit. I'd assume any update I get, you'd get.

The NGX doesn't even use the .NET framework - it's pure C++. It is impossible for the NGX to generate a .NET error window. Did you read the text of the error window there? It mentions the REX 2 weather engine in the messages.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Thanks Ryan. I did not see the REX error in there until you mentioned it. It really is a joy to fly the NGX. I hope you can tell by the screen shots I've taken.

I've been monitoring the forum re issues with the NGX and basically I have to say I'm pretty much a happy camper, frankly delighted with this exceptional simulation of the 737 8/900 series. I had no Activation problems and have had no CTD's to date. But what I have had is a guaranteed freeze almost every ATC flight. Initially it seemed to be associated with even modest use of external or menu views, freezing at whatever menu. Today I have been experimenting with re-enabling the BufferPool i.e. changing from UsePool=0 to =1 and setting size at at 25000000, and lowering the REX2 wx settings, but it appeared to make no difference with this particular problem. A common feature is that I use RC4.3 and when FSX freezes, it does too, simultaneously. Today after experiencing a sudden drop in fps when hitting major cumulous, I exited the flight (EGHH-LFPG) and went in to Settings-Display menu to lower the cloud settings from Max to High. But once in that menu I couldn't get out, FSX locked up once again. Task Manager revealed Ezdok camera and UT2 Services were running but FSX and RC4.3 'Not Responding'. Going into the Display menu always locks FSX and RC4.3 regardless of any other tweaks, at least so far, when using the NGX . I have the August 16 hotfix installed, everything FSX/NGX installed and running in Admin mode, and UAC long since disabled. My PC is not state-of-the-art but is no slug, running at 4.0Mhz with 4Gb DDR2 RAM. After a recent HDD rebuild I've been enjoying quick, smooth performance across the board. FWIW I was 5 years PC tech. and have flown for 26 years. My full PC specs: ASUS P5Q mobo, Intel 8600 dual core 3.3Ghz oc'd to 4.0 (a very relaxed OC on air btw at 400 mult.), GeForce 260 GTX 768Mb , 4Gb DDR2 Crucial Ballistix at a modest 1066, two Barracudas 1Tb, 750Gb, Antec Gaming case. Runs very well as well as cool even OC'd. OS is Win 7 64 Home Premium. All fully defragged COMPLETE/Name. I hope this information is of general use to PMDG. I'm not sure if it's the sort of issue to raise a ticket on. Happy to do so if required. Personally I am content to wait until SP1. Like so many I have total confidence in PMDG and always have. I don't expect a solution on the forum but who knows - there are some bright sparks out there with stacks of experience in high-end fltsim and I'm all-ears as to any constructive suggestions. I should add that the Tutorial 1 flight went without a hitch but I didn't use ATC of any description on that trip. My next task is to fly Tute 1 with RC4.3 providing the ATC and stay out of the menus if I can. I also intend to fltplan a different route in case there is something in the RC4.3 script for the problem Gatwick to Paris route in question. But then I also froze LEAL to EGHH when using RC4.3. And to complicate matters more I have flown complete flights IFR right to the deck while using RC4.3, without a glitch. So, at this point all I hope to do is feed some more grist into the PMDG mill troubleshooting the lock-up problems quite a few appear to be experiencing. Regards GarethCosta Blanca, Spain

Gareth,Have you tried using the replacement UIAutomationCore.dll file?http://dl.dropbox.com/u/28441/UIAutomationCore.zipAnything involving use of menus always makes me suspicious of this, since that's what UIAutomationCore is involved in - the menus, view switching etc. Try placing that file in your FSX root folder and see if you still have any issues.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Ryan, not to hijack the thread but as it relates to freezing, any idea on the freeze just after landing and turning off the runway that users are getting? Been a bunch of threads bout it.

Eric 

Ryan, Thank you for this suggestion, which for the moment I will keep in abeyance. Since posting I deleted the EGKK-LFPG flight and re-flew the PMDG Tute 1 EHAM flight this time with my trusty Meatwater-modified RC4.3 ATC and it went without a glitch. Stunning fun in fact. It had it all. Better than passably good ATC, mountainous HD REX2 clouds, and the superb NGX with everything right on the money. I was careful with outside views but no menu issues anyway. Emboldened, I then planned two IFR flights via FSBuild2 (Munich to Innsbruck, then Stuttgart to Innsbruck), both short and snappy and calling for good concentration for the LLZ ILS Rwy26 at LOWI. The approach I was given respected all the tricky altitude restrictions and RC4.3 performed very well in that. It was my first flight IMC into LOWI and I inadvertently selected the non-ILS Rwy 26 instead of the LLZ 26 first time and discovered I had to hand fly an instrument approach and landing in masses of cloud using the ND with 'info' enabled giving the altitude at each WPT. It was probably the most satisfying thing I've ever pulled off in FSX, thanks to the integrity of the 737NGX. There were a few anomolies such as a very erratic speed tape on late finals but I think I read somewhere that has been raised as a possible issue. I am satisfiled that the problems reported in my previous post were not indicative of any fault with the 737. On the contrary, so far the PMDG 737 NGX has transformed my enjoyment of fltsim as I am sure it has for very many others. Best, GarethLEAL, Alicante

After a few excellent trouble-free flights between some major cities of New Zealand I tried back in Europe and locked up in the climb out from EGKK bound LMML (Malta). I was running RC4, REX2, EZDok with the NGX 800 WL. I thought I was in the clear as regards this problem. So I decided to copy the UIAutomationcore.dll file to the FSX root as suggested, and try it again, same flightplan. This time I got a lot further (stable cruise at FL370) but she froze again. My heart sank a bit. I only noticed it when I looked up from shuffling some charts on my desk, but it may have frozen earlier at the last use of the mouse (most likely an internal cockpit view) and I didn't notice. From an ambience point of view it appears as if the flight is progressing normally. Then you notice nothing is updating. I am happy to try it again and provide specifics if required. I don't need a fix right now; happy to wait for SP1 as I said earlier. RegardsGareth