Sign in to follow this  
MarcusarilliuS_IRL

Problem with HDG not tracking true

Hey guys,Only started having issues with this lately. When you dial in a heading it tracks to within a degree or so of it. After dialling in a few different heading the offset seems to get larger.So first time you dial in say 139, it might track to 140 then after dialing in a few more you could dial 90 and it might track to 92. Seems to be always 1 or 2 higher.This has me baffled.Tried all different fsuipc setting, and fsuipc settings off. FSX default weather and ASE. The offset seems to be magnified in ASE for whatever reason but still the default FSX weather presents a problem.Any ideas would be welcomed as I'm clueless at this stage.Thanks,Mark.

hmm sorry no idea. i herd somewhere that recopying your magdec.bgl from you fsx dvd over the current one instalation might help. see how that goes. Kaveesh

I could be mistaken, but doesn't the AP track a heading? therefore if wind is involved the AP will follow the track that would give a heading as selected.

Ok, tried the new magdec.bgl file. Tried reinstalling plane again. Same thing.Tried the MD-11 and that seems ok. Just the 747. I mostly used to fly with the FMC all the time before so dunno if it was always like this and I just never noticed in heading trk mode??