Sign in to follow this  
woomera

abnormal letters in ND & FMC

In FSX my MD-11 displays such as next waypoint in the route have somehow been corrupted. The letters/symbols look like the German A umlaut. The corrupted display also shows in the altimeter readout. I'm not sure what's going on; all was fine until about two weeks ago. Would changing the font size in Win 7 be the culprit? Running Win7 Professional 64 with i7 processor. i'd appreciate any assistance/suggestions.

In FSX my MD-11 displays such as next waypoint in the route have somehow been corrupted. The letters/symbols look like the German A umlaut. The corrupted display also shows in the altimeter readout. I'm not sure what's going on; all was fine until about two weeks ago. Would changing the font size in Win 7 be the culprit? Running Win7 Professional 64 with i7 processor. i'd appreciate any assistance/suggestions.
I had the same issue with the 747. Change the resolution and text size back to normal in Windows and that should solve the problem.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

thanks Kenny but no luck with the change back to default. Seems this only happens with PMDG MD11. I also have PMDG 747 and readouts work fine.

I have the same problem. The resolution would be reinstall it OR pick up the files MD11DU.ttf and MD11FMS.ttf with someone and put them into FSX\Fonts. These files should be in FSX\Fonts if you have MD11 into your FSX.I would like someone send these files here instead perform a new reinstall.Thanks in advance!

I also had this problem only with the MD-11, but my text and button alignment was messed up only with the MCP ND controls. I have yet to try another flight to see if the issue is re-occurring. I'll post up a screenshot when I get home.

A couple of days ago I had the same issue (text and button alignment) with a new repaint I downloaded from avsim.com. But just with this repaint. I found a solution for me. Somehow a file for the VC was faulty or perhaps even missing. So I took the original VC files, copied them to the texture folder of the new repaint and guess what - it worked.

I had the same. Tried a lot of things.Than I uninstalled the plane and the liveries and install them again.Problem was over. Eric