Sign in to follow this  
bluepilot76

integrating ASE and REX

Hello,A lot of times on this forum I have seen it recommended to use ASE as the weather engine and REX for the textures. I already owned ASE and X graphics but have now bought REX (overdrive). Previously in ASE I used "extended integration" option under graphics to create several "snapshots" that the program would select to display graphics for the current weather. Now I have REX I am unsure how to get ASE to use the textures. Can anyone provide the correct sequence to get the 2 running together smoothly? Many ThanksRichard

Well I use REX textures and ASE together with no issues, I just create and save my theme in REX and disable the REX weather engine. Then I have ASE take a snapshot of the theme. I just continually make new themes using REX until I have a nice library of them snapshotted with ASE. Also, REX doesn't need to run at all, since all you're using is the textures.

Ah I see, so I could set up a theme in rex and install it in to FS, then tell ASE to take a snapshot and use that. Thanks!

Any guides on how to do this pls? Wayne.

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

Hi, No guide needed. Just follow post #3. Not going to turn this into a support thread, but if you need more help with this, please post at our forum and we'll be glad to help!