Sign in to follow this  
NGX

Navdata out of date FMC Fix

Well I paid for the update and when I started the fmc it said mac data is out of date good money down the tube

This occurs when the AIRAC cycle is outdated. There are 2 ways to fix this for the NGX.1: Buy the latest AIRAC cycle for PMDG found HERE2: If you don't wish to buy it but want to hide that message follow these instructions:
  1. Navigate to FSX Root FolderPMDGNavData
  2. Backup the fmc_ident.txt (change name to fmc_ident.txt.bak)
  3. Create a text file called fmc_ident.txt
  4. Open the file fmc_ident.txt
  5. Copy the following and paste into the fmc_ident.txt:
       			[ident]		NavData=AIRAC-1108		OpProgram=AUG25DEC31/11		CoData=EAG-1108  	

6. Save the file.

This second option will last till December 31st 2011. On January 1st 2012, the FMC message will reappear. When this time comes, PM me and I will create a new fmc_ident.txt for you to use.

Hi Di,May I ask you for a 2012 fmc_ident.txt?What is the algorithm behind it?Thanks!

Hi Di,May I ask you for a 2012 fmc_ident.txt?What is the algorithm behind it?Thanks!
It"s fairly simple. AIRAC is the current cycle, which is now 1202 (2012, ~Second month). Op program is the date from to the date to it is valid for, followed by the year. Not sure about Codata. So this cycle's data would be something like this.[Ident] NavData=AIRAC-1202 OpProgram=FEB09MAR08/12However, i'm sure if you wanted to, you could make the effective date from 1 Jan to 31 Dec. Never have to worry about it for a whole year.

Eric Vander

Pilot and Controller Boston Virtual ATC

KATL - The plural form of cow.

KORD - Something you put in a power socket.

UNIT - Something of measure

My 747 Fuel Calculator

Not included in this thread, but in others, is simply using a date in the sim that's not later than the expiration date of your nav data.

Herman Ross

Seattle, USA

Well I paid for the update and when I started the fmc it said mac data is out of date good money down the tube
I wouldn't say it was "good money down the tube." You now have current nav data. The only objective you had that wasn't met was the annoying out of date message, and that's easy to fix.For example, I don't fly in a VATSIM but do stay with a particular AIRAC cycle because it aligns with RW charts I bought from Jepp. Here's what I did:
Original (full) text in
my
"fmc_ident text" in the (FSX root)PMDGNAVDATA folder after installing the AIRAC cycle purchased from Navigraph (you will probably have different text. Mine is shown as an example, and you'll want to work with your actual text):
[ident]
NavData=AIRAC-1112
OpProgram=NOV17DEC14/11
CoData=EAG-1112
Now, using a text editor like Notepad, change the last digit in the OpProgram line from 1 to 2. Others have cautioned against using a word processor because it can add odd invisible characters. To use Notepad, right click on the file name and choose Notepad from the "Open with" dropdown list. After editing, choose "Save" from the file menu.
My text in this file now reads:
[ident]
NavData=AIRAC-1112
OpProgram=NOV17DEC14/12
CoData=EAG-1112.
Give it a try. Hopefully, your mileage won't vary. As noted in an earlier message, you can even change the "DEC14" portion of the text to "DEC31" to pick up a few extra days. I left mine to make the example easier to follow. Edited by flyfed

Herman Ross

Seattle, USA

I wouldn't say it was "good money down the tube." You now have current nav data. The only objective you had that wasn't met was the annoying out of date message, and that's easy to fix.For example, I don't fly in a VATSIM but do stay with a particular AIRAC cycle because it aligns with RW charts I bought from Jepp. Here's what I did:
Original (full) text in
my
"fmc_ident text" in the (FSX root)PMDGNAVDATA folder after installing the AIRAC cycle purchased from Navigraph (you will probably have different text. Mine is shown as an example, and you'll want to work with your actual text):
[ident]
NavData=AIRAC-1112
OpProgram=NOV17DEC14/11
CoData=EAG-1112
Now, using a text editor like Notepad, change the last digit in the OpProgram line from 1 to 2. Others have cautioned against using a word processor because it can add odd invisible characters. To use Notepad, right click on the file name and choose Notepad from the "Open with" dropdown list. After editing, choose "Save" from the file menu.
My text in this file now reads:
[ident]
NavData=AIRAC-1112
OpProgram=NOV17DEC14/12
CoData=EAG-1112.
Give it a try. Hopefully, your mileage won't vary. As noted in an earlier message, you can even change the "DEC14" portion of the text to "DEC31" to pick up a few extra days. I left mine to make the example easier to follow.
Mine says Mar09Feb07/12 but when I went to change the dates and save it I got access deined, I cant find a way to get into it as administrator

Dano, let's take this a step at a time. In reading the portion you give of fmc_ident.txt (erroniously typed as "fmc_ident text" in my original post), the sequence seems wrong. The dates are the start and stop dates for an AIRAC cycle, and the first one should be earlier than the second one. For example, the string for the current cycle should be "FEB09MAR07/12" but maybe you just mistyped it.What you described for not getting access is usually due to the file being in use or insufficient access privileges. I suggest rebooting your system and then, before opening anything else, open Notepad with "Run as Administrator." Notepad is usually in your Accessories folder in All Programs off the Start button. Once in Notepad, open fmc_ ident.txt, edit it, and save with the Notepad file menu.This is an educated guess, but I think the contents of your fmc_ident.txt should look like the following:

[ident]
NavData=AIRAC-1202
OpProgram=FEB09DEC31/12
CoData=EAG-1202
Give this a try and let us know if it does the trick.

Herman Ross

Seattle, USA

Hi, does anyone know where I can get the Navigraph Airac for PMDG for free. Navigraph charges me ZAR300 which I feel is ridiculous just for a few routes! I fly mostly in my country, FAOR -FACT 

know where I can get the Navigraph Airac for PMDG for free

No.

Hi, does anyone know where I can get the Navigraph Airac for PMDG for free. Navigraph charges me ZAR300 which I feel is ridiculous just for a few routes! I fly mostly in my country, FAOR -FACT 

That's called stealing. It would be the same as asking for the PMDG 737 for "free." 

I used to live in SA so see where you are coming from RE cost, but I think that R300 looks like for a year worth of updates. I am pretty sure you can just buy them individually for a few Euros (10s of Rands)  so perhaps just update once or twice a year. 

Well I anyway don't have a credit card to start with, secondly I buy my aircraft and scennery, but I am definitly not going to pay that money for just a few text dockuments with info on it! Rediculous!!!

Marnus, on 14 Jul 2014 - 7:45 PM, said:

Well I anyway don't have a credit card to start with, secondly I buy my aircraft and scennery, but I am definitly not going to pay that money for just a few text dockuments with info on it! Rediculous!!!

They have to buy the nav data off the real world providers and pay licensing fees - you cant expect it to be for nothing. There is a lot more to it than just plain old text documents. They have to format every cycle into the unique code that each addon requires.

You can buy a single cycle for Euro 4.72 - thats ZAR 70. How much is a box of beer there these days? Or to fill your car?

You say you buy your aircraft and scenery and yet don't have a credit card - tell me, how do you pay for them then?

I am definitly not going to pay that money for just a few text dockuments with info on it! Rediculous!!!

Ok, enjoy your outdated data then! Happy landings. yeeez....

Ok, enjoy your outdated data then! Happy landings. yeeez....

+1