Sign in to follow this  
NGX

Navdata out of date FMC Fix

This occurs when the AIRAC cycle is outdated. There are 2 ways to fix this for the NGX. 1: Buy the latest AIRAC cycle for PMDG found HERE 2: If you don't wish to buy it but want to hide that message follow these instructions:

1. Navigate to FSX Root Folder\PMDG\NavData\
  2. Backup the fmc_ident.txt (change name to fmc_ident.txt.bak)
  3. Create a text file called fmc_ident.txt
  4. Open the file fmc_ident.txt
  5. Copy the following and paste into the fmc_ident.txt:
       	    [ident]	NavData=AIRAC-1108	OpProgram=AUG25DEC31/11	CoData=EAG-1108  

6. Save the file.

This second option will last till December 31st 2011. On January 1st 2012, the FMC message will reappear. When this time comes, PM me and I will create a new fmc_ident.txt for you to use.

Hi and thanks a lot for your help, have a good day in london, I'm in front of you on the other side of the channel, near St Valéry sur somme, best regards, benoît ( so sorry for my special bad english ! )

+1 bumb as this one is quite useful for the annoying fmc message

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Guest acezboy561

Can somebody from PMDG tell us why they havent fixed this themselves? The options are either;1) buy it2) deal with it3) fix it UNOFFICALLY by a user. doesnt seem right.

If the navdata is out of date on the real airplane you get a warning. That is what PMDG has simulated.

sure it is simulated as the real thing and I appreciate this but I do not want to buy new navdata cycles every month, an update 2 or 4 times a year is fine with me as long as the navdata base in fsx does not change anyway. so I will 'fix' this for me. would have been nice though to have a 'ignore navdata out of date' option in the FMC.

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Did anyone choose option1 - to buy new navdata? What advantages does it have? Will it also include all terminal procedures?
The navdata updates also include terminal procedures. The main advantage of updating is that you can download and use real-world charts and routes and expect the FMC to have the correct information. I don't normally update every 28 days, maybe 4-5 times a year.

sure it is simulated as the real thing and I appreciate this but I do not want to buy new navdata cycles every month, an update 2 or 4 times a year is fine with me as long as the navdata base in fsx does not change anyway. so I will 'fix' this for me. would have been nice though to have a 'ignore navdata out of date' option in the FMC.
So now the product is too real? HUH? Thinking.gif

So now the product is too real? HUH? Thinking.gif
There will always be one complaining. Not realistic enough...too realistic. LOL.gif

Can somebody from PMDG tell us why they havent fixed this themselves? The options are either;1) buy it2) deal with it3) fix it UNOFFICALLY by a user. doesnt seem right.
I'm waiting for PMDG to fix the engines. They won't start unless the airplane is fueled. And, who wants to bother with that? Incomprehensible. Trevor