Sign in to follow this  
Madair01

Brake temps always zero

Seeing a number of problems experienced by others regarding hot brakes I should perhaps leave this one alone. However curiosity always wins. The "problem" is that my brake readings in the CDU are always zero even after heavy braking. The brakes, including autobrakes work as they should. I have looked through the various manuals and can't help feeling that something is amiss. Any ideas please? Martin Madden

Hi Martin, did you checked brake temp at the gate / several minutes after landing too ? It takes minutes to read a temp > 0.

Try maximum braking ie for a rejected take-off or after landing. They will soon heat up and probably overheat. Jusf for fun take-off straight after and fairly soon after you retract the gear you will get a wheel well fire warning. The temperature sensor does have a lag before it increases. I believe this is to reflect the RW aircraft where the temperature takes time to conduct from the brakes to wherever the sensor is.Apparently the brake temp. only begins to indicate above 0 when the brakes are hot and then the scales is from 0 to 10 ie. not an actual real temperature readout. There are more threads on this elsewhere

Check your failures. For whatever reason, every time I load a livery I haven't used before, there's a BRAKE SYSTEM failure of some sort. Clearing the error makes the brakes start registering temperatures. -stefan

I have experienced the OPs problem a couple of times, I think that it was a saved flight problem but I'm not 100% about that. It doesn't bother me at all compared to the crashes I get sometimes. Having said that, I haven't had a panel freeze in a while...... Getting there.Dan.

Not sure what is going on with your set-up but I can confirm the brake temps do change. I have had several hi temp warnings and wheel well fire alarms! LOL Guess i'm hard on them!

Not sure whats going on on your side but last night after I landed and parked at the gate, my brake temps were at 8.8 lol. Next time, try max auto brakes and see if there's a change.

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD

Ok here is the outcome of take off abort at 120 kts.Firstly brakes showed zero temps as before so I turned around and did it again. Seemed to be no different but I then had the idea of changing the failure settings. Whilst I am still learning I have failure settings off. I turned on the use failures and immediately got a reading.I turned them off again but this did not stop the brake temps working.I have carried out another session same test but not changing the failure settings to on and lo and behold I have high brake temps. Make of this what you will.I'm probably going to wish I hadn't done it now! LOL Martin Madden