Sign in to follow this  
CaptainKorhonen

Getting a new joystick: To Warthog or not to Warthog.

I've been thinking about replacing my almost-jammed saitek yoke with a thrustmaster hotas warthog. Now, before i decide, i'd like to hear your opinions on it. Is it really as good as people say it is? Does the quality of components outweigh the price?

Well, if no one else replies, I just ordered one, and it should be here by Friday for me to use over Labor day weekend. I can post about what i think when I get it.

Well, it arrived early! im%20Not%20Worthy.gif My first impression, is wow, this thing is big and heavy! Certainly heavier then my cougar. The throttle is HUGE, but the travel is so smooth, much better then my Cougar. Joystick handle is similar, feels good. I think it is even smoother then my (Evenstrain modded) Cougar. There is a detent at the center of the joystick which my cougar doesn't really have, but while my evenstrain cougar increased it resistance as you moved further away, the Warthog has a nice consistent smooth resistance. The WH resistance is firmer the the evenstrain around the center, but at the extreme limits, the WH feels like it is lower resistance then my cougar. Hope I explained that well enough. Certainly it feels great, have to play around with the sensitivity settings to see what works best. Hap a real problem at first, i plugged in the warthog and my new saitek pedals, and started up a flight, and promptly went in circles on the ground! Turns out all the axes were set wrong, so my throttle was mapped as my rudder (??!!??). Had to delete and reassign all control axes, then everything worked fine. Haven't even tried the TARGET software to program yet, just wanted to see how ti felt! laugh.png

Thanks man! smile.png I believe it's just what i've been looking for. Ffs why do i have to be on the road until sunday. The stick should arrive tomorrow laugh.png Can't wait to try it.