Sign in to follow this  
flyguycaa

constant freezes

Just purchased the NGX, and from what I have seen it is great, at least visually. However, I have not been able to complete a flight with it yet. I installed the Continental livery, and am using it. I can get the APU started, and occasionally I can get it off the ground, but invariably the entire instrument paned will end up freezing. It appears that the outside view continues to move, but I will not be able to control the a/c and it will end up crashing. I have tried the shift-1 twice, changing panels, going to the VC, nothing seems to unfreeze the panels. Any ideas? I really want to use this plane, but in this state I'm obviously out of luck. system specs are:ASUS P8P67 MBIntel 2600K proc(2) GTX460 video cards8GB memory installedWinXp Home 32 bit Any other information you need let me know...HELP...:)

-------------

john croft

Hi!Wow!...then it´s not linked to OS, since you also have this in XP-32 bits.I always had my thoughts about something was going on with NGX+Win7 64 bit, but I was wrong then.Btw, why do you run a 32-bit OS, when you have such a powerful system?You can´t use more than 3,2 GB in a 32 bit system. Also when reaching some 1,8GB VS in FS, ...baaam!..OOM.I would invest in a 64-bit OS if I were you, with that system you have./ Leffe

Hi! Wow!...then it´s not linked to OS, since you also have this in XP-32 bits.I always had my thoughts about something was going on with NGX+Win7 64 bit, but I was wrong then. Btw, why do you run a 32-bit OS, when you have such a powerful system?You can´t use more than 3,2 GB in a 32 bit system. Also when reaching some 1,8GB VS in FS, ...baaam!..OOM. I would invest in a 64-bit OS if I were you, with that system you have. / Leffe
I have win7 64 bit on 3 of my rigs. On this one I need to run XP home. I would be willing to bual boot this one with Win7 Pro if that would help, but it doesn't seem that it would.

-------------

john croft

I have win7 64 bit on 3 of my rigs. On this one I need to run XP home. I would be willing to bual boot this one with Win7 Pro if that would help, but it doesn't seem that it would.
There are lots of post about this freezing folks here have......If you have installed FS when using XP-32 then FS is pointed to that OS in Registry.You would then have to install FS and all your addons again pointed to Win 7 then./ Leffe

There are lots of post about this freezing folks here have...... If you have installed FS when using XP-32 then FS is pointed to that OS in Registry.You would then have to install FS and all your addons again pointed to Win 7 then. / Leffe
If I go the dual boot route Win7 would be on a separate HD along with it's own install of FSX and all add on aircraft. My point is, if going to Win7 64 bit isn't going to solve the problem then there isn't any reason to do it...If there is a chance it would fix it that is different.

-------------

john croft

i use win 7 64 bit, no freezes PMDG recommend win 7 64 Bit Wayne

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

If I go the dual boot route Win7 would be on a separate HD along with it's own install of FSX and all add on aircraft. My point is, if going to Win7 64 bit isn't going to solve the problem then there isn't any reason to do it...If there is a chance it would fix it that is different.
Ok I see, then you already have it pointed in Registry. But, anyway you could very quickly suffer of OOM if runningin a 32-bit OS.About the freezing, there are tons of post about it and many suffer of it. I guess PMDG have thisas the #1 priority right now. Just hope they will find a solution./ Leffe

I would not run the 2011 system you describe on 2001 OS... I would advise you to install W7 x64. Very nice and stable OS with proper hardware resource management.

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931

You're freezes could easily be linked to the fact you're running XP32 on a 2011 system, with a 2011 product. That's screaming out for compatibility issues.

You're freezes could easily be linked to the fact you're running XP32 on a 2011 system, with a 2011 product. That's screaming out for compatibility issues.
I don´t agree at all. Before I had XP-64 and no such irritating things as you have in Win7 64.Also the FSX are made when XP still lived. As long as you have proper new drivers for everythingyou need. (You can still get new driver for XP-64) Today though since new rig I also have Win7 64 Ultimate. (But miss my XP-64)EDIT: If I get probs when I buy the NGX....I will defintly install my XP-64 again on another HD. / Leffe

I would not run the 2011 system you describe on 2001 OS... I would advise you to install W7 x64. Very nice and stable OS with proper hardware resource management.
I made it clear that this rig HAS to run WinXP as it's primary OS. It's not a choice, it is a necessity. I appreciate the concern about my old OS guys, but that's the way it is. And that is why I am trying to see if dual booting ONLY to run FSX will work to solve this problem.

-------------

john croft

Just purchased the NGX, and from what I have seen it is great, at least visually. However, I have not been able to complete a flight with it yet. I installed the Continental livery, and am using it. I can get the APU started, and occasionally I can get it off the ground, but invariably the entire instrument paned will end up freezing. It appears that the outside view continues to move, but I will not be able to control the a/c and it will end up crashing. I have tried the shift-1 twice, changing panels, going to the VC, nothing seems to unfreeze the panels. Any ideas? I really want to use this plane, but in this state I'm obviously out of luck. system specs are:ASUS P8P67 MBIntel 2600K proc(2) GTX460 video cards8GB memory installedWinXp Home 32 bit Any other information you need let me know...HELP...:)
Make sure that the 2 GTX460's are NOT in SLI mode. Also you will see a huge improvement if you take one of them out. FSX can not handle it properly.

You won't see an improvement in FSX by removing a card. FSX will simply use one and ignore the other SLI or no SLI, both in or one out. It'll make very little difference