Sign in to follow this  
ga

Some questions I need help on thx!

Helle Gents/Ladies some questions i hope you can help me with ;) 1. Landing ALT in Pressurearitationat just set it to 0 or is this important to get right. Tryed to see charts but cant se any alt on arrival airports? 2. Speed breaks(shift-') armed before takeoff, but should the turn it self off after take off, or do you have to turn them off? 3. RTO ON alarm goes on , if OFF no alarm when rolling on take off, ON or OFF? 4. How do you reset the IRS both on ground and in air, got a dissagree one time on ground......... 5. APU gen off lights(blue) lights in flight, have i not turn itt off? 6. reserv on fuel to set in FMC, is this in % or KG? lest say i put in 5 what dos it means?

If you go through the 1st tutorial a lot of these questions will be answered - and its more rewarding doing this and you will learn a lot as you go. Do the tutorial and see if these get answered.

1) In te simulation it has no importance, but in real life having correct landing field elevation will rise the comfort of the passengers when, at touch down, te outflow valve fully open and de-pressurize the plane, if the altitude is set correctly, the opening of the valve will not create a difference in air pressure.2) Speed brakes must never be armed before take off. They can be armed before landing, when Thrust reversers are not always used.In case of RTO the speedbrakes will automatically (and mechanically) be armed by rising the thrust reverser levers.3) Cannot understand, but, the 737 uses a dark cockpit filosophy. If a light is OFF it is a good thing. If the light is ON, and is amber, is not a good thing.Autobrakes has a Disarm light that advises tat autobrakes are not usable in that moment.If you hear an intermittent sound wen accelerating, it is linked to the speed brake lever, see point 2. Speed brakes armed with thrust lever(s) advanced more than 31° will make the take off warning system to sound.4) On ground: 2 ways of aligning IRS. Turn tem off, let the lights come off, ten align again (around10 minutes to get aligned again) or fast re-alignment procedure tat takes around 30 seconds. FCOM contains all the instructions to male it.Basically, with IRS aligned and in nav position, turn the selector (s) to ALIGN and re-enter position, put the switch again on NAV.In fligt: IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO ALIGN IRS IN FLIGHT, it is only possible to use attitude data (pitc and roll) and eading by entering the initial manually. To align the IRS in attitude mode you need to fly leveled for the entire aligning period, then you must enter eiter with CDU or ISDU the heading.All te procedures are covered in FCOMIn case of IRS malfunctioning while in flight, uses te reversionary panel switches on the overhead to switch the remaining good IRS informations to the opposite side (IRS both on 1 or both on 2)5) APU GEN OFF does not mean that APU is OFF, APU is an engine turbine that gears a generator (starter generator), to stop the turbine you must set the APU MASTER SWITCH in te OFF position, it will cool down for a minute then will shut down. Indication of it is on the overhead panel. Read FCOM

Regards

Andrea Daviero

Thx alot Andrea for taking the time, wil go over your answers ;)

Couple tidbits - #3 -Andrea's right but the window heat lamps will always be lit when operating.#5 - The APU doesn't use a starter generator - it has a separate DC starter (28V) which starts the bad-boy and an AC generator (115V AC 400 Hz). The engines use an integrated drive generator (IDG) - basically a AC gen with a CSD all in one. I believe the Battery is recharged from the AC-DC transformer rectifiers to the battery charger (BAT BUS?). <- THIS IS ALL WRONG MY BAD Hehe sorta anal there but little things.

1) In te simulation it has no importance, but in real life having correct landing field elevation will rise the comfort of the passengers when, at touch down, te outflow valve fully open and de-pressurize the plane, if the altitude is set correctly, the opening of the valve will not create a difference in air pressure.2) Speed brakes must never be armed before take off. They can be armed before landing, when Thrust reversers are not always used.In case of RTO the speedbrakes will automatically (and mechanically) be armed by rising the thrust reverser levers.3) Cannot understand, but, the 737 uses a dark cockpit filosophy. If a light is OFF it is a good thing. If the light is ON, and is amber, is not a good thing.Autobrakes has a Disarm light that advises tat autobrakes are not usable in that moment.If you hear an intermittent sound wen accelerating, it is linked to the speed brake lever, see point 2. Speed brakes armed with thrust lever(s) advanced more than 31° will make the take off warning system to sound.4) On ground: 2 ways of aligning IRS. Turn tem off, let the lights come off, ten align again (around10 minutes to get aligned again) or fast re-alignment procedure tat takes around 30 seconds. FCOM contains all the instructions to male it.Basically, with IRS aligned and in nav position, turn the selector (s) to ALIGN and re-enter position, put the switch again on NAV.In fligt: IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO ALIGN IRS IN FLIGHT, it is only possible to use attitude data (pitc and roll) and eading by entering the initial manually. To align the IRS in attitude mode you need to fly leveled for the entire aligning period, then you must enter eiter with CDU or ISDU the heading.All te procedures are covered in FCOMIn case of IRS malfunctioning while in flight, uses te reversionary panel switches on the overhead to switch the remaining good IRS informations to the opposite side (IRS both on 1 or both on 2)5) APU GEN OFF does not mean that APU is OFF, APU is an engine turbine that gears a generator (starter generator), to stop the turbine you must set the APU MASTER SWITCH in te OFF position, it will cool down for a minute then will shut down. Indication of it is on the overhead panel. Read FCOM
1. Ok ;)2. Ok ;) Probely typo from earlyer check list :D, I have now removed it from my check list ;) 3. I ment if I set RTO to ON before takeoff as you should if I get it right ;) I get Alarm sound warning, If its sets to OFF no alarm sound wil go off when rolling on takeoff? Should it not be in use when taking off? or should it be ON and why do the Alarm go off ;) 4. Ok ;)5. Ok;) , APU MASTER SWITCH in te OFF

Actually Andrea is right - it's an AC starter generator installed on the APU in the NG's (AS 131 thinger). A APU has a start power unit and a starter converter unit that allows either AC or DC power to be utilized to start the thing. Learn something new every day

Couple tidbits - #3 -Andrea's right but the window heat lamps will always be lit when operating.#5 - The APU doesn't use a starter generator - it has a separate DC starter (28V) which starts the bad-boy and an AC generator (115V AC 400 Hz). The engines use an integrated drive generator (IDG) - basically a AC gen with a CSD all in one. I believe the Battery is recharged from the AC-DC transformer rectifiers to the battery charger (BAT BUS?). <- THIS IS ALL WRONG MY BAD Hehe sorta anal there but little things.
Hi! The green on lights for window heat (on some plane there is a OFF light and no ON light) but te windows heat is not linked to a master caution if they are OFF, so, it is expected that in some conditions they can be off without alerting pilots.And tis is part of the dark cockpit filosophy. Same for wing anti ice...The AlliedSignal 131-9(:( (the APU) uses a sterter generator. On the classics there are starter and generator as separate units. On te Ngs the battery chargers converts 3 phases 115V AC in DC volts
1. Ok ;)2. Ok ;) Probely typo from earlyer check list :D, I have now removed it from my check list ;) 3. I ment if I set RTO to ON before takeoff as you should if I get it right ;) I get Alarm sound warning, If its sets to OFF no alarm sound wil go off when rolling on takeoff? Should it not be in use when taking off? or should it be ON and why do the Alarm go off ;) 4. Ok ;)5. Ok;) , APU MASTER SWITCH in te OFF
3) It is a strange thing, RTO is not linked to the take off warning system, and the only warning that sounds when you advance the thrust levers, is the TO warning.Don't know, but as I stated, te warning was sounding before for speed brakes armed.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

Auto brakes should be set at rto for takeoff...you sure you got it set to rto and not on? Are your flaps set to same setting as in fmc? Or even set?

Thx all, wil dobbel check that I have the right settings as above ;)

Auto brakes should be set at rto for takeoff...you sure you got it set to rto and not on? Are your flaps set to same setting as in fmc? Or even set?
It is not mandatory to use autobrakes for RTO, so there is no alarm about it.Flaps setting in FMC is not mandatory as the plane can fly without FMC, and obviously no alarm if no settings ;)You also can select flap 5 in FMC and take off with flap 15, if speeds are good for 5, are good also for 15, the only difference is the runway.

Regards

Andrea Daviero