Hello Jim, I installed SP3 and wanted to try some IMC manoevers ... I open the MAP, take the "Instrument conditions" and drag it onto my position (with a range over 1000)Message is coming up, that weather will be apllied and shortly after the visibility reduces as it should till it is zero visibility. When zero visibility is reached, then visibility "plopps" back to CAVOK. Nevertheless in the "Report" I have 0 sm visibility.From this moment on, I can't refresh or change the weather to real...I have to close ASE. When I try via WX config, then I run into a similar problem:entring zero is possible, visibility goes down, but after reaching its desired visibility its clearing up!1 Sm is working.Same behave with 0,1 sm --> clearing up after lowering. Any ideas?thanks!Günter I added a shot where you can see zero visibility in ASE but not in FSX

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many thanks! I forgot to mention that I use DWC enabled.For further question feel free to ask

Guenter Steiner

Hi, Worked fine for me. After you dragged the conditions to the map, did you get a popup about ASE going into Offline mode? After a few minutes did the Map screen change over to a bunch of white clouds surrounding all the stations?

After you dragged the conditions to the map, did you get a popup about ASE going into Offline mode? After a few minutes did the Map screen change over to a bunch of white clouds surrounding all the stations?
yes to both questions ... just tried it again.Also I think your screenshot doesn't look like zero!() sm visibility!? Maybe this is a thing about english/german windows? If you drag IMC to the map, is it generating zero visibility or 1 sm???I get zero here! Günter EDIT:when I open after that the FSX weather settings, there is also everything set already to zero visibility (0.1 kilometers).After clicking on "ok" (I have done no changes) the visibility is then zero!

Guenter Steiner

may I bump this up a bit Whistle.gif

Guenter Steiner

Hi, I may have snaped the SS before the visibility totally set in. The Version/Language of Windows would have nothing to do with anything here. Your edit said that the IMC visibility got set to zero for you, so I concluded that everything was now working OK for you.

Your edit said that the IMC visibility got set to zero for you, so I concluded that everything was now working OK for you.
No... I said, that when ASE fails to set zero visibility, I open FSX weather menu, then - there is visibility zero set - I change nothing and click "ok" - Now I have zero visibility But ASE it out of the game!The zero visibility is then set with FSX weather! Any further changes of ASe does not see to have any effects then ...

Guenter Steiner

Hi, I re-loaded that weather theme and the visibility from that theme is 1SM.

I re-loaded that weather theme and the visibility from that theme is 1SM.
And if I load IMC then I get 0 SM ... as in the screenshot above.And every manual weather configuration in ASE below 1 SM gives me also the CAVOK weather. I know in former versions of ASE that with IMC there where also 1 sm set, really don't know why it's 0 Sm now.But also I can't understand why a manual setting of 0 Sm ends up in clear skies...?

Guenter Steiner

Same issue here as Guenther, just tried to simulate same situation. Put IMC conditions into ASE- Map screen: -> Checkbox "real weather deactivated"-> "Report" Menue reacted, airport METAR changed to vis. 0sm, OVC, wind 11 Gusts 14kt. (Is it possible to get Vis =0 with that strong winds?)-> Visibility range in cockpit slightly decreases until reaches about 100m, then "plopp", conditions back to real weather than before preloaded. Played a little, turned DWC off, CAVOK cloud generation slider to maximum etc. same issue. Unable for IMC conditions with visibility 0sm (or < than 100 meters out of cockpit view) Regards, Nico

any further ideas here?

Guenter Steiner

Hi, Not sure what the issue is. The IMC weather theme works, ASE works, low visibility works. Is it that a zero value doesn't work?

Is it that a zero value doesn't work?
yes, seems so...the predefined IMC conditions from the map set it to zero which is not working and if you generate custom weather with zero it is also clearing up then.Just 1 sm is working then...

Guenter Steiner

Hi, When I get a chance I'll be glad to look into this some more.