Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Does KJFK/KLGA get cleared of Aircraft for Hurricane Irene

Just wondering does anybody know how the airlines handle an event like Irene? I know flights are currently being canceled going to places like New York and Boston but what about the aircraft already there? Is KJFK and KLGA cleared totally of aircraft already at the airports with a mass exodus of outgoing flights or do they ride it out? I've seen situations where airliners were tied down with hopes of the best but it would be interesting to see KJFK/KLGA totally cleared of aircraft in the real world like a default FS9 or FSX. If anybody has the time for a few shots of this unique situation by all means please post some shots. I can't imagine any of these airports (KBOS included) totally devoid of aircraft. That truly would be something to see...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

The news is reporting they are. Dover AFB and DE ANG at New Castle have been evacuating throughout the day. Jim

The planes just work their scheduled revenue flight out to wherever and then sit there while the return flight back to the hub in the hurricane zone is cancelled. There may be a few planes left that may not have been scheduled to go out that may need a crew to ferry it somewhere safe, but for the most part, the schedule and the cancellation of the return leg takes care of getting the planes out of harm's way for the airlines.

The planes just work their scheduled revenue flight out to wherever and then sit there while the return flight back to the hub in the hurricane zone is cancelled. There may be a few planes left that may not have been scheduled to go out that may need a crew to ferry it somewhere safe, but for the most part, the schedule and the cancellation of the return leg takes care of getting the planes out of harm's way for the airlines.
So in other words all aircraft are cleared out of KJFK, KLGA, and KBOS?

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

So in other words all aircraft are cleared out of KJFK, KLGA, and KBOS?
Yeah to their best ability they try to move the aircraft out of harms way.Last year i was in Cancun, Mexico when hurricane Alex went through and I was surprised to see the airlines didn't move any of their aircraft out of the Yucatan Peninsula and Belize.