Sign in to follow this  
kjjj11223344

First OOM and CTD

i had enough time to do two continuous flights today (which I enjoyed so much). Unfortunately my NGX froze for the first time. I had flown kmia-mdpc, and was at the gate pushing back and starting the engines for the reverse leg. After I put the fuel levers to idle, I noticed my n2 and egt weren't rising. I could still move around the virtual cockpit, but the actual gauges and switches had frozen. If it helps the dev team out, this happened while I was still pushing back and facing a whole bunch of trees on a heading of about 270 at the default mdpc. When the panel froze I switched to windowed mode, opened the task manager, and my ram usage was at approximately 5.26 gigabytes. I switched back to full screen, and got a '"your computer has run out of memory" error I then had a ctd. I went back to refly this flight and my memory usage was about 3.3 gigabytes under the same circumstances as described above (facing much trees, pushing back, etc.) hope this sheds some light on these freezes/oom's. I have all the tweaks in the intro by the way.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero

Try reducing autogen to normal or high. Also try reducing the textures from 4096 to 1024 in your fsx.cfg

Try reducing autogen to normal or high. Also try reducing the textures from 4096 to 1024 in your fsx.cfg
Okay, I'll try this. By textures do you mean the texturemaxload under the graphics section?

Alfredo Terrero

Yeah I think that's the one. I can't remember what it's called specifically as I'm on my phone but it's the entry with 4096 or 2048 etc. Change it to 1024. The difference in image quality is pretty minimal but it frees up a lot of resources.

Out of interest you got hot fix 3 installed?

Yeah I think that's the one. I can't remember what it's called specifically as I'm on my phone but it's the entry with 4096 or 2048 etc. Change it to 1024. The difference in image quality is pretty minimal but it frees up a lot of resources.
Okay I'll try this.
Out of interest you got hot fix 3 installed?
Yes, I do. What I find strange is that, like I said, at the time of the crash, the memory usage was at like 5 something gigabytes, but when I restarted FSX the memory was 3 something gigabytes under pretty much the same circumstances. The only thing that might have been slightly different was the time, and maybe a button on the Mcp.

Alfredo Terrero

Okay I'll try this. Yes, I do. What I find strange is that, like I said, at the time of the crash, the memory usage was at like 5 something gigabytes, but when I restarted FSX the memory was 3 something gigabytes under pretty much the same circumstances. The only thing that might have been slightly different was the time, and maybe a button on the Mcp.
Hi, Guess the problem is not the amount of RAM installed, but the fact that FSX is a 32bit program, which means that after starting FSX, you'll have only some 4 GB which is used. Henk

Got nothing to do with ram period. Its all to do with the VAS