Sign in to follow this  
mcbellette

FSUIPC Problem

All of a sudden I am gettiong an error message when I try to start FSX. It insists that I have duplicate copies of FSUIPC installed, which I find hard to believe as I haven't installed anything new apart from a helicopter from the hovercontrol website. Anyone have an insight on how to fix this? I have tried deleting FSUIPC from the modules folder and re-installing it, but it did not work.

This can happen when FS hasn't shut down properly, check the task manager to make sure FS really did shut down properly the last time you exited it.

Cheers, Andy.

Look at what the duplicated module is called and then delete it from its location.

It's impossible to have duplicate copies of FSUIPC installed unless the user has specifically renamed the dll to something else while still leaving it with the same dll file extension. I can assure you FS is still running and hanged in the background when you try to start another instance of it, it's a common support enquiry.

Cheers, Andy.

For safe keeping some people move older versions to a another folder under modules keeping the .dll extension. FSUIPC searches for any .dll starting with its name even if you append a version number and you will get that error. Also check for duplicate fsuipc.ini files. After installing an add-on if it replaces FSUIPC it is always best anyway to get the latest FSUIPC3 or FSUIPC4 from: http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66139-updated-modules/ Versions later than some of the full installs fix specific win 7 problems and also some problems if you are an ASE user in FSX.note that hifi sim has released SP3 for ASE which will require an updated FSUIPC. An application registration or paid user registration should remain intact. Make a safe copy elsewhere of your fsuipc.key file if you acquired a paid user registration.

Dll's should never be backed up by simply moving them to another folder, it's always safer to disable them completely by adding the version number to the end of the file name, FSUIPC4.dll.4720 is such an example. Of course "hide extensions for known file types" must be disabled in Windows "Folder Options" too otherwise the user will have no idea what files are really called.

Cheers, Andy.

In the case of FSUIPC that may not solve the problem. I also rename the extension to .dlh as well so it can be renamed back if needed. Been there. I think the entire string is not compared at least in this case.