Sign in to follow this  
Flamin_Squirrel

Finding bad (real world) weather

Hi guys, bit of a random question, but I was wondering if there was any way to find out where in the world is experiencing bad weather, especially low vis? I'm wanting to practice some HUGS approaches in real world weather!

If you have ASE you can find the nearest airport with weather as per your variables you set. FSX default is a bit trickier. You'll have to search around on a weather website for a place with bad weather.

I would have thought the east coast of the US is pretty bad at the moment!

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I would have thought the east coast of the US is pretty bad at the moment!
I think the op was looking for low vis weather not having the plane thrown around and spat out like gum :) . I think most planes will avoid that 700 mile wide anti-cyclone at all cost.Having said that, that storm does look interesting.I used the aeroweather app and rex, for real time weather information, that is set up for all my add on airports, there's always one or two airports that are IFR with low vis.....

I'm going to NY tomorrow as leg two of LH 737 deliveries... promises to be VERY BUMPY. First time in a hurricane too...

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

Fly to the uk...its summer here so weather will be bad lol

Google Earth is also pretty good at finding some weather.

AMD 7900X  |  ASRock Steel Legend X670E  |  G.SKILL 32GB DDR5 6000  |  MSI 6950XT  |  Noctua NH-D14  

EVGA Super NOVA 850W  |  Cooler Master HAF932  |  Hisense 43" 4K UHD  |  Win11

Just Landed at KNKT and the weather was very interesting ( 55 knot crosswind landing 05L ) weathert.jpg this was the weather from FSX weather engine, and i use rex too, whitch made a nice scene.The hurrican's just about to hit this area so thats not too bad from fsx :)

Just Landed at KNKT and the weather was very interesting ( 55 knot crosswind landing 05L ) weathert.jpg this was the weather from FSX weather engine, and i use rex too, whitch made a nice scene.The hurrican's just about to hit this area so thats not too bad from fsx :)
How do you get those wind arrows. Mine never does. Is that in map or weather map thing.down here in Melbourne can be good one minute and pretty bad the next. On Thursday at about 1:00 it was sunny and 20 degrees, at 2:00, looked like it was going to bucket.

Go onto Easy Sat Pix, and download the tool, it gives you a screen full of satelite veiws detailing , rain, tempretures,rain,snow,thunderstorms, turbulence , windcharts,jetstreams etc etc on satellite real time images. it shows Europe,North America,Northatlantic as well as NATS,NOTAMS and a Route Planner.

i forgot to mention Google Earth has a weather overlay option but it mostly shows rain or tempratures