Sign in to follow this  
fulcrum_64th

Thinking of getting EZdok for NGX

Hello, I am thinking of getting EZdok for my FSX/NGX. Would you recommend it ? Does it affect FPS ? Thanks in advance Karim

Dude you have a sweet system specs,I also have a very similar computer to yours. For me Ezdok is a must have. I love it and it really makes fsx that much better, it takes a little time to understand how it works but the NGX already has ezdok settings built into it and its perfect. Go for it

Fantastic!! The better!! See Angle of Attack movies where they are using Ezdok together TrackIr.

You know, I dont think it ever affected my FPS. I would say get it, you will never fly without it again. Your system seems to be good. The only thing is i can see is your 3.3Ghz. I just learned how to overclock to 4.5Ghz using the Asus P8z68 v pro MOBO with my new Sandy Bridge I am getting 25 to 35 FPS with all sliders to the right at (Orbx YMML Airport) "very heavy on scenery" and my Sandy Bridge I5 2500k is bringing FSX to its knees for the first time in 10 years. Overcloking is like a first grade class very easy with the ASUS mobo. My old system: I7 950 3.02 Ghz - Never overclock - too complicatedMOBO - 1366 LGA X58 EVGA SLIGeforce GTX470DDR3 1333 RAM FPS were around 9 to 11 with all sliders to the right. Could not fly like this so all my scenery had to be turned down and forget landing at YMML or KJFK (fsdreamteam.com). Today: Sandy Bridge I5 2500KMOBO -Asus P8Z68 V ProEVGA Geforce GTX 470Kingston 8MEM DDR3 1600Corsair H60 Cooler - Maintains a CPU temperature of 59c. at 4.5Ghz overclock.Power Supply 650wattsEZdoc If you are already getting good FPS with your specs, you should be fine. Notice that PMDG recommends in their specs for the NGX a Sandy Bridge Architecture processor for good performance. Good Luck.

Hi, It's a great product. I have a low system. For me, I find it indispensable with VC... Regards, Richard Portier

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

I was more a 2d cockpit person before the ngx and ezdok ...with trackir and ezdok the sim got at least one or two level better ... I love it and I will miss it if my trackir dies or ezdok wouldnt work anymore

P.L. Tran

AMD Ryzen 5800x; 32 GB Ram; EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3; Win10 64 Bit

Thanks a lot for all the answers ! It's done: Ezdok is on my puter. Oh Boy , you all so right. I love it ! Really increases the immersive feeling of the sim.

I bought is also after I got NGX. It took me a while to understand and I must say its has not really the best UI and the handbook is lousy. Dont forget to update to the latest version. You wont get the latest version when you purchase it...otherwise it works ok. Hope that helps.

Thanks a lot for all the answers ! It's done: Ezdok is on my puter. Oh Boy , you all so right. I love it ! Really increases the immersive feeling of the sim.
Now take it to the next level and complete solution. TrackIR with Ezdok! Use AoA trackir profile and AoA Ezdok cameras. Set TIR and Z off for cameras where you will be interacting with switches and knobs etc. (CDU and overhead for example). Use the middle mouse button to alter these "TrackIR locked" camera views. Use TrackIR for everything else. Disable "roll" on the TrackIR profile and it will reduce a bit of "head shaking".For example, during taxi, with TrackIR, simply move your head to look where you want to go. Jumping and jerking to left and right views by switching cameras is NOT immersive.IMHO, Ezdok alone is great but only half the solution. Coupling Ezdok and TrackIR offers a seamless ability to look anywhere in the cockpit at any given time and really does add to the immersive nature that the quality of the 3D VC NGX deserves. In a short number of hours after getting used to this environment, you mostly will wonder how you could have tolerated anything less. The fidelity of the NGX VC coupled with Ezdok and TrackIR is a total FS game changer. Add to this the incredible NGX sounds run thru even a cheapy surround sound system (mine is below $100) with a mini sub woofer to capture the deep bass of engine starts and throttle off decents etc. is something that makes just sitting in the cockpit and absorbing the ambience very satisfying let alone flying.