Sign in to follow this  
Jetman67

FMC wind input not really sure hanging out for Tutorial 2

Hi All Just did a really excellent flight from YSSY to YBCG SId out of Sydney 34L and a Star into Gold Coast airport Rwy 32 just broke visual at 1100 feet and greased it on the runway with maximum brakes, I had active sky Evolution and the weather was horrible from about Taree on to Gold Coast not real sure how to add the winds into the FMC correctly so I had a hell of a time getting down from FL360 but the videos from our RW pilot friend helped a lot. I did have to use VS for a high rate of descent as VNAV was telling me drag required and descent not achievable but was pitching the plane up and breaking the rate of descent so had to hit altitude intervene and put the speed brake out for a while but by about 10k it was back on the VNAV path and from there on in was fairly text book, anybody have any ideas on how to correctly add the winds to the FMC, man i love this thing cant wait to hire a 737NG sim for the day there is a few around the Gold Coast now and one at Archer field airport in Brisbane

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

It's been a while because I don't often fly with real world weather because it can be so unpredictable in direction.I think it's in the LEGS page and on the bottom right there is a DATA prompt which will move you to the second page where wind data can be manually input.As far as I know though the FMC should update the winds from the IRS ( actual wind), the legs page is for forecast winds.If I'm wrong and confusing you I do apologise,I'm gonna go read about this now.......Dan.

You just add them... but you need to have them of course. You need a program like FSbuild combined with active sky. Active sky will get all the real weather data and put it in the sim. Apart from that, it will save a text file with all the weather that FSbuild will have monitored. Once you plan a route with FSbuild, evey point in the navlog will have its wind information at the correct altitude. In the CDU you'll enter the first wind value after top of climb as CRZ WIND. Then in the legs page you can go to RTE DATA and enter the winds for the remaining points up to the top of descent. For descent winds you can go to the DES page and go to the forecast page to enter a couple levels of wind for the destination.fsbnavlog.jpg

Omar Josef
737/757/767

fantastic thanks a lot I do have both programs getting an error in Fsbuild cant find some weather stations txt file but waiting for fsbuild to advise, thanks so much I have a great picture of the procedure now, assuming you would add all the winds in at the time you are programming the FMC just before departure and just monitor for any changes in flight picked up by the IRS and sensors i guess, thanks heaps

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

fantastic thanks a lot I do have both programs getting an error in Fsbuild cant find some weather stations txt file but waiting for fsbuild to advise, thanks so much I have a great picture of the procedure now, assuming you would add all the winds in at the time you are programming the FMC just before departure and just monitor for any changes in flight picked up by the IRS and sensors i guess, thanks heaps
Yes, you can add the winds before departure. Normally airlines have all that done automatically and winds are uplinked to the airplane. That's useful when the routes contain 80 points.... Regarding the config in fsbuild to take winds from active sky... there's some guides around. It's not straight forward. First you need to tell it where the wx_stations are stored and then you need to activate winds aloft in a couple places within FSbuild. My weather file is located inC:\Users\Omar\AppData\Roaming\HiFi\ASE\Weather

Omar Josef
737/757/767