Sign in to follow this  
Joduv

Lower EICAS Engine display graphics...

Hi guy's, First of all I would like to congrats all the PMDG Team for their so good work on the NGX. The forum support is also quite impressive because a solution is always find. So here I noticed a little "issue" that maybe the Team forget, or leave it like that intentionnally. In the Sim engines gauges are centered on the lower EICAS, but in the real one it is a little bit on the left side.... Not so important we can say, but anyway. Here we go : Into the NGX sim : fsscr000ke.jpg Into the real one : 90049_1298181356.jpg77112_1308958438.jpg46195_1307824793.jpg68275_1304444523.jpg More : http://images2.jetph..._1304320384.jpg http://images3.jetph..._1300124268.jpg Maybe it already planned to be fixed in the next Update. Thanks a lot, Cheers. Josua.

What might be more interesting to know is why Boeing displayed the graphics to the left. ?Does something else come up on the Right part of the display, under certain circumstances ? ========================= What the 1st two pictures show very clearly, is that there is a definite "curved Ledge" between the Lower Glass Display, and the FMCs. That "Curved ledge" runs the whole width of the Panel. The PMDG Panel has many of the Units just above that ledge, looking like they stick out over that ledge, or the ledge is just not there in places, but there in other places. This gives a very uneven, cluttered look to the panel, compaired with the FLUSH, and clean lines of the Real 737 Panel. Unfortunatly, I suspect it is a MASSIVE 3D graphics exercise to correct this, so I "Guess" (NOT ASSUME), it will not be corrected. Its not a BIG DEAL, but once you notice it, its very difficult to ignore, and it sticks out like a sore thumb. Considering the great accuracy and details that PMDG has taken to correctly replicate the original Boeing Aircraft, this must be the Biggest 3D Geometrical error in the Cockpit. ---- Shame.

We should give you credit guys - you are very good in the "spot the difference" game... Now I have not one but two sore thumbs on the flightdeck.

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931

Somehow I don't think PMDG are going to go and fix something as minor is this. This is almost as bad as the refraction in the HGS post. Really? Don't you think they've got nothing better to do....such as actually allowing some people to fly the thing? I think it's pathetic, selfish and childish for people wanting these changes made in SP1 or a HF etc when people can't even activate their NGX. Why not concentrate on the flying instead of picking out something as silly as this

lol nah some one will come and say they one less screw or rivet missing in the panel compared to the real cockpit

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

The spacing between the circuit breakers behind the captains seat are 12.31mm apart. Could we get this reduced to 12.28?

next time do yourself a favor and write a support ticket ...1st pmdg will read it (maybe they dont read this in the forum and may miss it)2nd if they think its worth fixing they will fix it ...3rd you wont get flamed on the forums

P.L. Tran

AMD Ryzen 5800x; 32 GB Ram; EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3; Win10 64 Bit

What might be more interesting to know is why Boeing displayed the graphics to the left. ?Does something else come up on the Right part of the display, under certain circumstances ? ========================= What the 1st two pictures show very clearly, is that there is a definite "curved Ledge" between the Lower Glass Display, and the FMCs. That "Curved ledge" runs the whole width of the Panel. The PMDG Panel has many of the Units just above that ledge, looking like they stick out over that ledge, or the ledge is just not there in places, but there in other places. This gives a very uneven, cluttered look to the panel, compaired with the FLUSH, and clean lines of the Real 737 Panel. Unfortunatly, I suspect it is a MASSIVE 3D graphics exercise to correct this, so I "Guess" (NOT ASSUME), it will not be corrected. Its not a BIG DEAL, but once you notice it, its very difficult to ignore, and it sticks out like a sore thumb. Considering the great accuracy and details that PMDG has taken to correctly replicate the original Boeing Aircraft, this must be the Biggest 3D Geometrical error in the Cockpit. ---- Shame.
It's so that the bottom engine gauges line up with the upper gauges.

Surely not a big issue. Nevertheless, it's definitely more significant than the inaccurate circuit breaker no. 117 behind the FO seat. If it's an easy fix, why not do it?

Dave P. Woycek

What the 1st two pictures show very clearly, is that there is a definite "curved Ledge" between the Lower Glass Display, and the FMCs. That "Curved ledge" runs the whole width of the Panel. The PMDG Panel has many of the Units just above that ledge, looking like they stick out over that ledge, or the ledge is just not there in places, but there in other places. This gives a very uneven, cluttered look to the panel, compaired with the FLUSH, and clean lines of the Real 737 Panel. Unfortunatly, I suspect it is a MASSIVE 3D graphics exercise to correct this, so I "Guess" (NOT ASSUME), it will not be corrected. Its not a BIG DEAL, but once you notice it, its very difficult to ignore, and it sticks out like a sore thumb.
That's been addressed by PMDG already. It's just something that changed over time in the 737's. The real Boeing 737 that this addon is modeled from doesn't have that.

That's been addressed by PMDG already. It's just something that changed over time in the 737's. The real Boeing 737 that this addon is modeled from doesn't have that.
Interesting to learn that those things get changed in the real thing.

Dave P. Woycek

Interesting to learn that those things get changed in the real thing.
I'd be willing to bet 90% of the cosmetic differences people find googling photos & youtube are due to these changes.