Im using FSX with newest version of Active Sky Evolution on Windows 7 64 bit Home. Im flying through hurricane Irene, but when I put depicts hurricanes on it starts to crash, it barely loads weather before ASE instantly crashes.This is only error I could find from windows application log, my system is in finnish...Vikasäiliö , tyyppi 0Tapahtuman nimi: CLR20r3Vastaus: Ei käytettävissäCab Id: 0Ongelman allekirjoitus:P1: ase_exec.exeP2: 12.0.0.647P3: 4d8a7a7eP4: ASEP5: 12.0.0.647P6: 4d8a7a7dP7: 117P8: 2b1P9: System.NullReferenceExceptionP10: Liitetyt tiedostot:C:\Users\Omistaja\AppData\Local\Temp\WERBB6.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

Hi, Uninstall ASE, manually delete the 2 ASE folders that are left behind and then re-install ASE. E-mail me for an ASE Full 647 link.

Ok, not sure if it has something to do with CPU use though... It seems that its not crashing when i use Smooth Cloud Transitions deciption, but when I use Standard one it crashes and also FPS drops... I have powerful system with GTX 550 and I7 2600K, but its hot day here and core temps seemed to be over 80 when flying in that hurricane with standarddeciption...

Hi, The hurricane does not add or cause anymore CPU cycles than any other weather in ASE. It is just an additional moving weather station. Now, the intense conditions it creates in FSX may have an impact in your situation. The FPS drop is just a negative trade off of Standard Mode in any weather conditions.

Ok, ill try to fly through that hurricane again tomorrow and see if it works then with normal mode.

Hi, No, not Standard Mode. Please try Smooth Cloud or DWC mode!

Guest firehawk44

I had a crash too but looked into my Event Viewer and it was the 3d Real Cockpit Effect program that hung on me. I'm guessing too much cloud or turbulence set and it couldn't handle a hurricane. Tried it again w/o 3d Real Cockpit Effect and successfully landed at KDCA in my PMDG 737NGX. Lots of turbulence though. Best regards,Jim

Jim, After installing Sp3 this is the first ever crash of ASE for me since release and it's persistent. Win XP event viewer has the following entry with reference to .NET Runtime 2.0 error: EventType clr20r3, P1 ase_exec.exe, P2 12.0.0.647, P3 4d8a7a7e, P4 ase, P5 12.0.0.647, P6 4d8a7a7d, P7 117, P8 2b1, P9 system.nullreferenceexception, P10 NIL.

Hi, A .NET 2.0 error then is from Microsoft's .NET. You might try a uninstall and reinstall of that.

I've moved out of the hurricane zone and ASE has been running without issue for over ab hour. The .NET error appears to be the same as pvjinflight (?whoever that is) so a coincidence? Will report back if there is any further reccurence.

Guest firehawk44
Jim, After installing Sp3 this is the first ever crash of ASE for me since release and it's persistent. Win XP event viewer has the following entry with reference to .NET Runtime 2.0 error: EventType clr20r3, P1 ase_exec.exe, P2 12.0.0.647, P3 4d8a7a7e, P4 ase, P5 12.0.0.647, P6 4d8a7a7d, P7 117, P8 2b1, P9 system.nullreferenceexception, P10 NIL.
Will the error go away uninstalling SP3? Based on my Google searches for EventType clr20r3, this is a fairly common error but very complicated and you may not have the Microsoft Visual Studios 2005 Redistributables or an update to this program. When you installed SP3, did you disable UAC and any anti-virus program? You might try clicking on the SP3 and reinstalling it with UAC and any anti-virus program disabled. I would also make sure you have the latest .NET installed for Windows XP. Best regards,Jim

This is a weird problem. I did KJFK to KRDU during Irene and it worked fine. Had 75 knots on Final Approach. Lucky for me it was a direct headwind. Now while I am trying to do KRDU to KJFK, ASE loads up and runs everything then sits there for a few and then crashes. I think it must be something going on with the weather. Will try it tomorrow when the system is out of the area and see if it works fine then without me changing anything.Event Viewer shows the following Error Info.2262765224 5 CLR20r3 None 0 ase_exec.exe 12.0.0.647 4d8a7a7e ASE 12.0.0.647 4d8a7a7d 117 2b1 System.NullReferenceException C:\Users\Paul\AppData\Local\Temp\WER97C5.tmp.version.txt C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\Report113eb208

Turned off Hurricane Depiction and it working fine so far without any crashes. Guess I need that direct link for the 647 full install then if that is the fix. Any idea what causing this? Logic would say something in the data is causing a crash if it worked today but isn't tonight?

Hi, 647 Full is the same as if you patched from an earlier version to 647. The Full just makes re-installs shorter.

Here is an update on that. I made it to JFK no crashes with ASE with Hurricanes off. Now that I am at the gate I turned hurricane depiction back on and refreshed and no crashes so it seems back to normal now. Only trouble I had was when I was at KRDU for whatever reason.