Sign in to follow this  
bobw737

Would some one kindly produce this repaint for me please

Uh yeah, Gosh that's an awesome one. I have never ever painted, in fact I have just no clue about it at all. But I'm still d/l'ing the kit as I type. Maybe I just should get started and see how it goes. sig.gif

I'd try if I could! I'm not that great of a painter though.. limited to relatively simple liveries.

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

Gosh, I just d/l'ed the kit and heck having a hard time here. Those curved lines make me crazy. Plus the -800 has two "breaks" several hundred pixels wide to accomodate for the shorter fuselage, but getting the curves across the breaks seamlessly is not so easy I think. Much worse though, I'm lost as how to get the curves seamlessly onto the lower belly part, and the area above the cockpit windows!? Also the nose paintings might pose even more difficulties, don't know yet. There's a small DB logo in the very front and the train's head lights painted on the nose. For sure not an easy one for a complete noob. Anyone have a hint as for the fonts used? The original DB fonts are pretty much unavailable, that's for sure, but anything that comes close would be helpful. sig.gif

Gosh, I just d/l'ed the kit and heck having a hard time here. Those curved lines make me crazy. Plus the -800 has two "breaks" several hundred pixels wide to accomodate for the shorter fuselage, but getting the curves across the breaks seamlessly is not so easy I think. Much worse though, I'm lost as how to get the curves seamlessly onto the lower belly part, and the area above the cockpit windows!? Also the nose paintings might pose even more difficulties, don't know yet. There's a small DB logo in the very front and the train's head lights painted on the nose. For sure not an easy one for a complete noob. Anyone have a hint as for the fonts used? The original DB fonts are pretty much unavailable, that's for sure, but anything that comes close would be helpful. sig.gif
I'm ready to bet they are using a similar helvetica to the one LH uses.

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

That right there is the hardest part of the paintkit. it helps zooming in to make sure it lines up on the pixel level.

That right there is the hardest part of the paintkit. it helps zooming in to make sure it lines up on the pixel level.
Yeah, but how to get the curvature aligned? I don't excatly mean that the lines intersect, but the actual "curveness" is smooth across the parts. Really some serious fiddling there. sig.gif

Well I thought I was exact down to a pixel level but this is the most sobering result as far as aligning the side to the belly goes (don't look for any details, just quick'n'dirty test run). The nose part might be very difficult, especially to get the small logo correct, as well as the head lights. Would it be on the part right below the windows, no problem. But the front of the nose is still part of the side fuselage, so this is difficult. Might need some heavy distortion on purpose, in order to appear correct on the 3D model. Plus the part around the windows... uhh. Yeah maybe you should give it a try after all, I think we'd all be glad. db.jpgsig.gif

One further attempt... Still not comfortable here, many gross mistakes. And still those curves that need be merged, phew. Nose decal still another pita. db2.jpg Seriously though, someone knowledgable and skilled should have an attempt at this. This is how the nose part should be. Pretty tough methinks. sig.gif