Sign in to follow this  
tfm

Freezes? CTDs? Try this.

On the theory that the freezes/ CTDs result wholly or partly from RAM / RAM address depletion, try this (Windows 7): Control panel > Sound > Speakers > Properties > Advanced > Default format > 16 bit, 8000Hz (telephone quality). Those with long memories will recall that this was my pro-tem solution to the "disappearing textures" problem with the MD-11, until Bojote found the "Highmemfix" setting. In my case, albeit without extensive testing, it seems to have cleared-up the CTD issues I was occasionally experiencing. I hope this helps someone. Tim

So decrease sound quality? That's a bit silly. I guess if it works though then it's better than being unable to fly. I guess it's a compromise to be made

Has this helped anyone experiencing problems, or is it a red herring? Tim

Tim, It may just be a case of you having lessen the load on your PC - do you have on-board sound or a dedicated sound-card?